How to obtain a certificate from the index
A certificate of any birth, death or marriage registration located in the Western Australian online indexes can be purchased by clicking on the order form option located at the end of each index entry. See WA Registry Indexes for ranges of years available for free online searching.
If you successfully find an entry and would like to order a copy, click on the 'order' link alongside the search result. This will pop up a new window with an order form (PDF) pre-populated with the relevant details.
From here, either:
- enter the applicant's details online, save the application form to your local drive and print
- print the application form and complete the applicant's details offline.
- sign and post the form with a cheque or money order* to the postal
address listed on the form; or
- sign, complete credit card details and post the form to the postal address listed on the form.
* Cheques or money orders should be made payable to the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages. Overseas applicants must pay in Australian dollars using an international money order or bank draft.
If you want your document to be posted by Express Post an additional charge of $6 is payable for postage within Australia or $15 for international postage.
If you want your mail to be returned by Registered Post, please enclose a self-addressed Registered Post envelope with your application.
Note: Orders cannot be submitted by fax, email, telephone or online.
For further information and fees, see the instructions page attached to the order form.
Last Updated: 6-Aug-2015Source: www.bdm.dotag.wa.gov.au