Credit portal




How to obtain a lost original birth certificate?

how to obtain a lost birth certificate

Fort Worth, TX | December 1, 2012 1:24am

I had an INS interview today and the interviewer grilled me with many question thinking that my marriage was a sham. I showed her the proof of my wedding at church. She then asked for my original birth certificate which I did not have because I did not have it. It never occurred to me to tell her that my first husband threw away all my things during separation. I'm Indian and hold an Indian passport but I was born and raised in Kuwait. I had copies of my birth certificate both in Arabic and in translation to English but that was not helpful. I don't know what to do. I was not denied but she told me to keep the documents ready for the next interview which she would re-schedule. She wanted my original birth certificate. I live in Fort worth and I

heard that If I go to Indian Embassy, they would issue me attested birth certificate? I need advice and help please.

Edward D Young III


Posted December 2, 2012 1:16am

Yes, definitely contact the Indian Consulate. The Houston consulate is the one that serves the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

A Indian citizen can get a birth certificate from indian consulate by submitting your passport as evidence. They will be able to give you a "Certificate of Date of Birth" as entered in your passport. I have included a link for this service.

This response is provided for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Questions and answers posted to this forum are public and cannot be kept confidential. Although admitted in DC, I currently reside in Texas and I am authorized to practice U.S. immigration law worldwide..

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: