Credit portal




How to Remove Father's Name Off of Birth Certificate (California) Form: Cs915

how to remove a name from a birth certificate

Dennyboy101 said: 10-10-2012 03:34 PM

How to Remove Father's Name Off of Birth Certificate (California) Form: Cs915

My question involves paternity law for the State of: California

I just wanted to post this, to make it easier for the next person trying to REMOVE father's name off of birth certificate (Within 60 days of signing birth certificate ). (We kept looking online and we never found anything to just tell us what to do or what forms to use. After we figured it out, I wanted to post this for others trying to do the same, becuase its incredibly easy.)

Just obtain form CS 915 - Delcaration of Rescission of Paternity:

The entire directions are on form. The directions will basically tell you to fill it out, get it notarized by a Notary Public, mail copy to father

using certified, return receipt mail. After that, mail the original, notarized CS 915 form and the return receipt to the address provided.

If you can't get form CS 915 online, go or call Child Department of Child Support Services to reqeust the form. (if you are in Sacramento, the address is: 3701 Power Inn Road, Sacramento, CA 95826. Phone: 866-249-0773, Their website is: ) It must be postmarked within 60 days of signing the birth certificate.

If you are trying to remove father's name off of birth certificate, and it has been MORE then 60 days, you need to go through a different process which also includes a court order. What i'm posting here is ONLY if it is within 60 days of signing the b.c.

good luck and we hope this helps!

Mr. Knowitall said: 10-11-2012 07:08 AM

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: