Vital Statistics - Birth Records
Other Related Links
NYS DOH Vital Stats | Website
NYS Adoption Registry | Website
New York City DOH | Website
Out of State Births/Deaths | Website
A certified copy of a birth certificate for a person born in Troy, NY can be obtained from the Vital Records office either by coming in person or by mail. There is a $10 fee for each certified copy of a birth record. The office is located in Troy City Hall at 433 River Street. Office hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays. The telephone number is (518) 279-7309 or (518) 270-4587. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Who is eligible to obtain a birth certificate?
- The person on the birth certificate if over 18 years old.
- A parent of the person named on the birth certificate.
- A person with a NYS court order.
You must have proper identification to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate or the birth certificate of your children. A certified copy of a court order is required for children in your custody.
Identification requirements - Application must be submitted with copies of
either A or B:
A. One of the following forms of valid photo-ID
- Driver license
- State issued non-driver photo-ID card
- U.S. Military issued photo-ID
- Employer's photo-ID card
- Police report documenting the loss or theft of positive ID
- Utility or telephone bills
- Letter from a government agency dated within the last six (6) months
What is the fee to obtain a birth certificate?
- There is a fee of $10 per certified copy of a birth certificate.
- Fees are payable by cash, check, or money order to The City of Troy .
- We do not accept payment by credit or debit card.
How to request a certified copy of a birth certificate
- In person by coming in to our office in Troy City Hall; or
- By mailing a completed application or a signed written request along with a photocopy of your ID and the fee to:
Troy City Hall
Attention: Vital RecordsSource: www.troyny.gov