Copies of birth certificates
Pages in Copies of birth certificates
How to get a copy of a birth certificate
If you want to get a copy of a certificate for a birth that was registered in Coventry you can apply by post, telephone or in person. Certificates are usually produced within five working days of making the application. For an extra fee we offer a priority service where certificates can be issued within 24 hours of ordering.
Telephone applications need a card payment. Please have these details ready when calling. The certificate(s) will be posted within five working days. You should allow at least 10 working days for the return of a certificate by post unless you have paid extra for priority ordering.
What information do we need?
- The name or names the
certificate applies to
- The date of the event
- The place of the event
- Parents' names for a birth certificate
- Any other information that may help us find the certificate
If applying by post you will also need to include:
- A return stamped addressed envelope.
- Payment in the form of a cheque or postal order made payable to Coventry City Council.
If applying in person at the Register Office:
- Our preferred method of payment is credit/debit card, but cash will be accepted if necessary.
- Certificates are usually ready for collection five working days after ordering, or they can be posted to you for an extra charge. For an extra cost certificates can be ready within 24 hours.