Credit portal




Frequently Asked Questions

Law Library

Can I ask to inspect the records rather than receive copies?

Can I get a copy of any record from the County Records Center?

No, not directly. The County Records Center is an internal service provider to County departments and divisions; record requests must be made through the appropriate department that creates and maintains the record. Typically, only inactive records are stored at the County Records Center. If the record you are looking for is stored at the Records Center, the responsible department will request a retrieval and the record will be sent to the department*. Also note that some records are exempt from disclosure to the general public, according to the Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 192.501 and 502 The department that you are requesting the record from will inform you if it is open

for public viewing or

Where do I get a copy of a birth or death certificate?

The Clackamas County Health Department maintains certified copies and abstracts of birth and death events which are available for up to six months after the event. There is a fee for this service. Call (503) 742-5300 for more information*.

The State of Oregon maintains the birth and death records after the first six months. Information* can be found from:

Oregon Health Division

Center for Health Statistics (and Vital Records)

800 NE Oregon St

Portland, OR 97232

If you were born in another state, please contact that state for requesting procedures. top

How do I get a copy of my marriage certificate, or apply for a Marriage License in Clackamas County?

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: