Credit portal




What do i do if i lost my birth certificate

what do i do if i lost my birth certificate

1 Answer

These 2 items are fairly easy to replace if you’ve lost them.

  • For the social security card. you’ll want to visit this website http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.g ov/app/.
First, you’ll need a form of identity. Best options: U.S. driver's license, U.S. State-issued non-driver identification card, or a U.S. passport.

Then, you’ll need a document to prove your U.S. citizenship. Best options: U.S. birth certificate, U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad, U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship.

Next, you’ll need to fill out this application. Lastly, take the filled out form and necessary documents to your local Social Security office .

Note: The documents must be original copies**, no photocopies are accepted; documents mailed in will be returned to you with a receipt.

  • For a certified copy of the birth certificate it’s a much simpler process- mostly thanks to trustworthy online ordering services such as VitalChek (I’ve used this one before myself).
Go to their website and to the birth certificates page. Find your state below and choose the correct government agency. All of these agencies have authorized VitalChek to take these vital records orders. Now, just follow the ordering process, it’s very straightforward, just be careful about all of the options such as purpose, long or short form, and shipping method. In most cases with these orders you’ll need to provide an Identity Verification Document .

**The birth certificate copy you’ll get from VitalChek is an official copy and will suffice.

396 views • Written 94w ago • Not for Reproduction

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: