Who & What is Covered?
Your greenslip does:
- Provide for compensation for people killed or injured in a motor vehicle accident. This includes pedestrians, passengers, cyclists, motorcyclists, drivers of other vehicles and, to a lesser extent, the driver at fault.
- Include trailers under the greenslip of the towing vehicle.
Your greenslip does not:
- Cover the driver a fault to the full extent of the scheme, unless the driver is catastrophically injured (as defined by the Lifetime Care & Support Scheme and in which case that scheme applies).
- Cover damage to your vehicle or property.
- Cover damage to other peoples' vehicles or property.
- Cover you for theft of your vehicle.
Your greenslip operates all over Australia, no matter where the accident involving your vehicle occurred.
A full explanation of the operation
of the CTP green slip scheme in NSW is available on this site.
Four of the seven greenslip insurers offer at fault driver cover as an additional feature, included in the price of the greenslip. At fault driver cover provides specified lump sum benefits for injuries which an at fault driver may sustain. This is a worthwhile feature which you should consider at the time of your greenslip purchase. More information on at fault driver cover is available.
The people entitled to compensation, the basis on which compensation is payable and the limits to the amount of compensation are set out fully in the Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 and the Motor Accidents (Lifetime Care and Support) Act 2006. You should seek advice on your position in terms of those Acts, rather than rely on the overview set out in this site.
© 2008-2015 greenslips.com.au Pty LtdSource: www.greenslips.com.au