What is 6 sigma certification
Six Sigma Certification is a process by which an organization (can be a private company, college/university/professional society or consulting group). show more Six Sigma Certification is a process by which an organization (can be a private company, college/university/professional society or consulting group) verifies that someone meets some set of standards/criteria that have been set to show mastery of some aspect of the Six Sigma Methodology or use of Tools.
OK - so what are you looking for? What is Six Sigma Certification:
- There are many organizations that will "certify" someone in the methodology of Six Sigma.
- There are a number of levels of certification depending on how much a person knows and to what level they aspire to learn and use the methodology (usually called belts as in karate – yellow
- Not all certification are developed equally - some are worth more than others! Arguably, the American Society for Quality
considered to be legally defensible.
- Certification is not always needed to use the methodologies and tools! I personally know a number of people who are very good using Six Sigma methods and tools who are NOT certified.
- Certification is primarily used by organizations to demonstrate that someone has achieved a certain level of understanding.
- When it comes right down to the shop floor – Six Sigma Certification is whatever you or your company wants it to be!
- Thus, if you plan on going out to get certified by some organization, do some real researching on that group/organization before you spend a lot of money to get certified. You will find that in many cases, you can do your own study and get as good of results as many courses/programs being offered on the market for big dollars!
ASQ Quality Press has Handbooks for Green Belts and Black Belts
Personal Experience using Six Sigma for over 20 years (yes, I was one of the early ones)