Credit portal




How do i replace my birth certificate

how do i replace my birth certificate

We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30am - 4:00pm. We are closed on State Holidays

Where do I get an application for a birth certificate ?

By state law, birth records filed are not open for public inspection. Obtaining a birth certificate by or for fraudulent purposes is punishable by law.

The person requesting the certificate must meet one of the following eligibility standards:

  • Subject of the Record
  • Person Acting the Subject’s Best Interest
    • Parent named on the record
    • Spouse, Step Parent, Grandparent or Adult Child/Grandchild of the Subject along with a signed authorization from the subject and a copy of the subject’s ID if the subject is age 18 or older
    • Attorney for the Subject, Adoptive Parents, Representative with Power of Attorney Document, Legal Guardian, or Person with a Court Order
  • Genealogist or Others (see link for more information - Birth Certificate Eligibility )

Additional documentation may be required demonstrating the requestor’s authorization to obtain the birth record requested.

A photocopy of a valid government issued photo ID by either the applicant or an individual attesting for

the applicant is required for issuance of certificates.

If you are mailing your application - Send a photocopy. Do not send your original ID. Photocopies must be legible.

Primary Identification - NEED ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

  • U.S. Issued Driver’s license or Identification card (current or expired less than 3 years ago)
  • U.S. Passport
  • Foreign Issued Passport with Visa (I-94)
  • Government issued Military photo ID
  • Tribal Photo Identification Card containing the bearer’s signature
  • Oklahoma Self-Defense Act (SDA) License or OK Concealed Carry permit
  • Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)
  • Employment Authorization Card (Form I-766)
  • Employment Authorization Card (Form I-688A)
  • Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688)
  • Oklahoma Dept of Corrections Consolidated Record Card (CRC)
  • Download an application for a copy of a birth certificate (Application )
  • Complete the application in full. (any blanks will cause delays in completing your request)
  • Bring your photo identification. (Acceptable Forms of Identification )
  • Bring correct fees. (Fees )
  • Vital Record Office Locations (Monday-Friday 8:30-4:00; closed on State Holidays):

Oklahoma City

Oklahoma State Department of Health

James O. Goodwin Health Center

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: