How do i replace my birth certificate
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30am - 4:00pm. We are closed on State Holidays
Where do I get an application for a birth certificate ?
By state law, birth records filed are not open for public inspection. Obtaining a birth certificate by or for fraudulent purposes is punishable by law.
The person requesting the certificate must meet one of the following eligibility standards:
- Subject of the Record
- Person Acting the Subject’s Best Interest
- Parent named on the record
- Spouse, Step Parent, Grandparent or Adult Child/Grandchild of the Subject along with a signed authorization from the subject and a copy of the subject’s ID if the subject is age 18 or older
- Attorney for the Subject, Adoptive Parents, Representative with Power of Attorney Document, Legal Guardian, or Person with a Court Order
- Genealogist or Others (see link for more information - Birth Certificate Eligibility )
Additional documentation may be required demonstrating the requestor’s authorization to obtain the birth record requested.
A photocopy of a valid government issued photo ID by either the applicant or an individual attesting for
the applicant is required for issuance of certificates.
If you are mailing your application - Send a photocopy. Do not send your original ID. Photocopies must be legible.
Primary Identification - NEED ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- U.S. Issued Driver’s license or Identification card (current or expired less than 3 years ago)
- U.S. Passport
- Foreign Issued Passport with Visa (I-94)
- Government issued Military photo ID
- Tribal Photo Identification Card containing the bearer’s signature
- Oklahoma Self-Defense Act (SDA) License or OK Concealed Carry permit
- Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)
- Employment Authorization Card (Form I-766)
- Employment Authorization Card (Form I-688A)
- Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688)
- Oklahoma Dept of Corrections Consolidated Record Card (CRC)
- Download an application for a copy of a birth certificate (Application )
- Complete the application in full. (any blanks will cause delays in completing your request)
- Bring your photo identification. (Acceptable Forms of Identification )
- Bring correct fees. (Fees )
- Vital Record Office Locations (Monday-Friday 8:30-4:00; closed on State Holidays):
Oklahoma State Department of Health
James O. Goodwin Health CenterSource: www.ok.gov