Credit portal




ASK THE LAW No objection certificate

what is a no objection certificate

No objection certificate

Compiled by Dina Aboul Hosn

May 23, 2008

A reader from Dubai asks: I have been working for a major company for three years, and I have already transferred my sponsorship to the current company. Presently, I would like to leave this company because I have a better opportunity to work with another firm along with a better salary and entitlements. I applied to my current company asking for a No Objection Certificate to transfer sponsorship in the event of my resignation, but the company's representative, as well as the manager of human resources confirmed that the Ministry of Labour does not approve of the transferring of the employee's sponsorship more than once. Please inform me whether this is true, legal and issued by the Ministry of Labour, as

I am an employee and holder of a university degree along with experience in the field of my specialisation. If the same is true, what is your opinion in this regard? And what do you advise?

Answer 1 - I would like clarify to the questioner that the Ministry of Labour allows the employee to transfer his sponsorship as per the following conditions:

1. Workers educated up to the secondary certificate have the right to transfer their sponsorship one time only.

2. Employees who hold a university degree have the right to transfer their sponsorship twice only.

3. Employees who hold a Masters degree and above, have the open ability to transfer their sponsorship.

- Questions answered by Advocate Mohammad Ebrahim Al Shaiba of Al Bahar Advocates and Legal Consultants.

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: