What is cb certificate
13. WHAT IS CE MARKING AND WHERE CAN I OBTAIN MORE INFORMATION ON IT?
Please note that CE Marking is a symbol. The IEC and IECEE are not involved with it.
CE Marking is the symbol. The letters "CE" are the abbreviation of French phrase "Conformitй Europйene" which literaturely means "European Conformity". The term initially used was "EC Mark" and it was officially replaced by "CE Marking" in the Directive 93/68/EEC in 1993. "CE Marking" is now used in all EU official documents. "CE Mark" is also in use, but it is NOT the official term.
1. CE Marking on a product is a manufacturer's declaration that the product complies with the essential requirements of the relevant European health, safety and environmental protection legislations, in practice by many of the so-called Product Directives.*
contains the "essential requirements" and/or "performance levels" and "Harmonized Standards" to which the products must conform. Harmonized Standards are the technical specifications (European Standards or Harmonization Documents) which are established by several European standards agencies (CEN, CENELEC, etc).
CEN stands for European Committee for Standardization.
CENELEC stands for European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization.
2. CE Marking on a product indicates to governmental officials that the product may be legally placed on the market in their country.
3. CE Marking on a product ensures the free movement of the product within the EU single market, and
4. CE Marking on a product permits the withdrawal of the non-conforming products by customs and enforcement/vigilance authorities.
Therefore, we suggest you directly contact CENELEC as they will certainly be able to help you with your request.Source: www.iecee.org