What is clad certification
WHAT DOCUMENTS SERVE AS A BASIC OR PREREQUISITE CREDENTIAL FOR THE CLAD CERTIFICATE OR ENGLISH LEARNER AUTHORIZATION?
The following are appropriate prerequisite credentials and/or permits for the CLAD Certificate or English Learner Authorization:
- California teaching credential
- Clinical Rehabilitative Services Credential with a Special Class Authorization
- Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential with a Special Class Authorization
- School Nurse Services Credential with a Special Teaching Authorization in Health
- Children's Center Permit (excluding emergency), or Child Development Permit (excluding Assistant and Associate Permit) that authorizes the holder to provide instruction to pupils in preschool, grades K-12, or classes primarily organized for adults
The following are not appropriate prerequisite credentials or permits:
- Emergency Permits
- Provisional Internship Permits
- Short-Term Staff Permits
- District Intern Credentials
- University Intern Credentials
- Exchange Credentials
- Sojourn Certificated Employee Credentials
- Services credentials that do not authorize instruction
I COMPLETED THE CTEL COURSE WORK OR PASSED THE CTEL EXAMS. CAN YOU SEND ME AN APPLICATION PACKAGE SO THAT I MAY APPLY FOR THE CLAD CERTIFICATE OR ENGLISH LEARNER AUTHORIZATION?
You can also download and complete the paper application [PDF] and mail it with the current processing fee [PDF] to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing, Attention: Applications, 1900 Capitol Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95811-4213. If you completed the CTEL coursework you must be recommended online by your program sponsor. Use the Educator Login button to see if you have a pending recommendation online.
HOW CAN I FULFILL THE SECOND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT FOR THE CLAD CERTIFICATE?
Individuals who hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university are deemed to have satisfied the second language requirement. If you do not hold a bachelor's degree, there are 16 different options for satisfying the second language requirement. These options are described in detail on leaflet CL-628C [PDF].Source: www.ctc.ca.gov