Domestic Energy Assessor Accreditation
Only individuals who are qualified and accredited with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) using the relevant Reduced data Standard Assessment Procedure (RdSAP) software.
Switching to Elmhurst from another scheme?
Accredited assessors from any other scheme have the option to switch to Elmhurst Energy free of charge and receive all the benefits communicated below. Whether you qualified or undertook the APEL route we provide options to ensure switching is quick and easy. We advise you call our team on 01455 883 257 to discuss your requirements before filling in the online application.
DEA Accreditation Scheme
Once qualified as a DEA, you are eligible to join our government approved accreditation scheme free of charge. As one of the most popular energy rating organisations in the UK, we pride ourselves in supporting our assessors the best way we can. By joining the Elmhurst's accreditation scheme you will receive:
- Online membership to 'Access Elmhurst', our portal for accredited assessors, with links to all the supporting documents a practising DEA will need, as well as access to Elmhurst's RdSAP software
- Regular newsletters
- Frequent technical bulletins
- Communication updates on 'industry latest'
- ID Card
- Accreditation Certificate
- Technical support assistance from our Existing Dwellings Team via phone
- RdSAP manual and regular updates
- Benefits of the Elmhurst Energy 'reducing' lodgement fee schedule
- 'Search for an Elmhurst Energy Assessor' online facility so members of the public can specifically 'look up' Elmhurst's assessors
- High quality continuing professional development (CPD) courses available at a discounted rate
- Use of the Elmhurst Energy accredited Assessor logo
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance included as part of your accreditation
- Easy to complete online accreditation and annual renewal forms to reduce paperwork
- Initial application for DEA accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent DEA annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 EPCs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 EPCs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. NDEA/OCDEA) to your initial DEA accreditation – FREE
- An Additional Monitoring fee of £60.00 + VAT will be made to those who have failed targeted audits and as a result are subject to 'heightened QA'
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE, non direct debit payments are subject to a surcharge of 3% (minimum of £3.00). You can view the direct debit instructions here .
Lodgement FeesSource: www.elmhurstenergy.co.uk