What is dog insurance
We don’t believe breeds are dangerous. We believe the dog’s owner, environment and upbringing directly impact the dog’s behavior…whether it’s a Pit Bull, Chihuahua, Rottweiler, Poodle, Doberman or Labrador.
Renting vs. Owning Your Home
Whether you rent or own your home, dog owners are legally responsible for the unintentional actions of their pets. As a dog owner, we (or the insurance company) reimburse the injured party for medical expenses, legal expenses, time off work, property damage, etc.
- 1/3 of home insurance claims are dog related (Insurance Information Institute)
- Approximately $4.7M people are bitten annually by dogs
- Over 50% of these bites occur on the owner’s property
- This results in $800,000 injuries requiring medical attention (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Almost $400,000 of these injuries affect children
- Dog bites rank as the 2 nd most common cause of childhood hospital ER visits
- $26,166 – Average cost per dog claim
* Stats provided by Insurance
Information Institute and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Here are a few examples of potential Dog Related Insurance Claims:
- Dog Bite
- Dog Bark that startles someone causing them to fall + become injured
- Dog jumps up, knocking someone down and injuring them
It’s becoming more and more common…
- For landlords to require tenants carry liability insurance to include coverage for their dog.
- For insurance carriers to non-renew (or cancel at the next renewal date) a person’s current insurance policy solely based on the breed of dog they have.
- To refuse to provide an insurance policy because on the breed of dog.
Get A Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote with EROCK INSURANCE, we are not able to provide insurance at this time. We suggest you request a quote with Einhorn Insurance . Please click the link below to go to the Einhorn Insurance website and click the GET A QUOTE button.Source: dog-liability-insurance.com