Credit portal




Contents cover

what is home and contents insurance

Faster application time if you bank with us online

What’s covered

Extends contents cover to include contents that are temporarily removed from your home into student accommodation

What's not covered

*Limits apply to certain things within your contents cover, such as a maximum limit we’ll pay out for items in your freezer or single item cover. These will be set out in the policy schedule. Some things aren’t covered, including:

  • Motorised vehicles, aircraft, caravans, boats or any other kind of water vehicle
  • Accidental damage – wider cover is available as an add-on (contents accidental damage) or through gadget, personal items, bike and sports equipment covers
  • Accidental damage caused by paying guests or when your home is lent, let or sub-let
  • Certain loss or damage that happens when your home is unoccupied for more than the number of days permitted by the policy

The policy document 960 KB provides full details

of what is and isn’t covered. The list we've shown above is only intended as a guide.

This could suit you if:

  • You want cover for the contents of your home
  • You're renting
  • You live in a flat or maisonette

Try our other options if:

  • You only have a few possessions
  • You want cover for your things when they’re not in your home
  • You want cover for specific things, like your bike, gadgets or specialised sports equipment

What you’ll need to get a quote:

  • Details about the type of property you live in
  • Your past 5 years’ claims history on home insurance

Home insurance loyalty reward

Earn rewards when you insure your contents. Make sure you sign up for Barclays Blue Rewards first. Terms and conditions apply.

Watch the video – contents and contents accidental damage explained

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: