ISO/IEC 20000 Certification
ISO/IEC 20000 is an international standard that allows organizations to demonstrate excellence and prove best practice in IT service management.
The adoption of ISO 20000 has grown rapidly in the international arena for both internal and external IT service providers and it has become a competitive differentiator for delivery of IT services.
Find A Training
What is it?
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard specifically for IT Service Management. It describes an integrated set of management processes which form a service management system for the effective delivery of services to the business and its customers.
ISO/IEC 20000 is aligned with and complementary to the process approach defined within ITIL.
ISO/IEC 20000 consists of several parts:
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 (Part 1) is the formal specification and defines the requirements for a service management system. The scope includes:
- General requirements for a service management system
- Design and transition of new or changed services
- Service delivery process
- Relationship processes
- Resolution processes
- Control processes
- ISO/IEC 20000-2:2012 (Part 2) Provides guidance on the application of service management systems, including best practices for service management processes within the scope of ISO/IEC 20000-1.
- ISO/IEC TR 20000-3 (Part 3) contains guidance on scope definition and applicability of Part 1.
Various other parts supplement these three with guidance and information on specific aspects and uses of the standard.
Benefits for IndividualsSource: www.apmg-international.com