What is lawyers professional liability insurance
Professional Liability Insurance
As an attorney, you face the possibility of a malpractice lawsuit arising from errors and omissions, failure to meet client expectations, and attempts by clients to recoup financial losses. Even if unfounded, a defense or settlement of a lawsuit can cause a great deal of disruption to you and your firm – reducing billable time, exposing personal assets and creating financial hardship.
Take a moment to compare your current professional liability insurance coverage to the Attorneys Advantage Program. You’ll see why attorneys have come to rely on us for nearly two decades. Apply now.
- Competitive coverage options
- More affordable rates
- Exceptional client service
- Complimentary risk management tools and online services
- Choice of Professional Liability Limits - A wide range of liability limits is available to meet specific practice needs. Limits start at $100,000/$300,000 and range up to $10,000,000/$10,000,000. Coverage includes both a per claim and annual aggregate limits.
- Deductibles - Attorneys Advantage offers a range of deductibles to meet your needs and budget. Qualifying firms can choose a $0 or $1,000 deductible.
- Disciplinary Defense - The program provides up to $25,000 per proceeding, $100,000 aggregate, for reimbursement of the insured's defense costs as necessitated at disciplinary hearings.
- Extra Claim Expenses - Additional coverage for claim expenses up to $500,000 per claim up to $1 million aggregate is provided iin every policy.
- Subpoena Assistance - Adds coverage up to $25,000 to retain counsel for advice regarding document production after being served with a subpoena and for representation at a deposition.
- Privacy Breach - Extends professional liability coverage to privacy breach claims involving an accidental release or publication of confidential, personally identifiable information.
- Prior Acts Coverage - Full coverage is available to qualified firms.
- Free Non-Practicing Extended Reporting Period Coverage - Provided to attorneys who retire or otherwise cease the private practice of law during the policy period. Available to qualified law firms with the Aon Attorneys Advantage program.
- Title Insurance Agency Coverage - Coverage is available for legal services provided as a title agency when 100% owned and managed by covered insured.
- Excess Not For Profit Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Coverage - Included by endorsement for attorneys serving as a director or officer of a non-profit organization. Rates are based on the area of practice and experience of your firm.
Reduced Rate Premium Financing - Premiums can be financed now at competitive rates, offering insureds increased affordability and budgeting convenience.
Experienced Claims Handling - All claims are handled by an experienced professional liability claims team. Local defense counsel is provided.
RISK MANAGEMENT PROGRAM Lawyers Risk Management Resource Center* This risk management web site was created by Aon, the program underwriter AXIS and a leading national law firm, Wilson Elser LLP.* Use the site to access:
- Three FREE continuing legal education hours
- Insightful articles on current legal issues
- A library of letter templates to assist with client representation
- 50-state surveys on topics such as punitive damages, liquor liability, and joint and several liability
ATTORNEYS ADVANTAGE PROGRAM UNDERWRITERS
The Aon Attorneys Advantage program is underwritten by members of the AXIS group of insurance companies. AXIS is a financially strong insurer and reinsurer with operations around the globe and total capitalization of $7.4 billion as of June 30, 2014. The AXIS insurance and reinsurance companies are rated ‘A+’ (Superior) XV by A.M. Best and ‘A+’ (Strong) by Standard & Poor’s. These ratings reflect AXIS’ exceptional level of financial strength and track record of outstanding operating performance, placing AXIS among a select group of companies in the insurance industry.
Please note: the information listed above is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. Please remember that only the insurance policy governs the actual terms, coverage amounts, conditions and exclusions. Availability of coverage, credits, discounts and rates may vary from state to state.
*The Lawyers Risk Management Resource Center website is not intended to provide legal advice for a specific situation or to create an attorney-client relationship unless otherwise noted. The Wilson Elser Risk Management Hotline is not a substitute for reporting a claim. To be eligible for coverage, claims must be reported using the procedures set forth in your insurance policy.
All coverage descriptions or highlights are for informational purposes only and do not provide a complete summary of coverage. Consult the applicable insurance policy for specific terms, conditions, limits, limitations and exclusions to coverage. Coverage is underwritten by a member company of the AXIS group of insurance companies. Coverage may not be available to all insureds and may not be available in all states and jurisdictions.
Wilson Elser has agreed to provide the Lawyers Risk Management Resource Center and Hotline as services to Aon Attorneys Advantage. By using these services, Aon Attorneys Advantage policyholders acknowledge that Wilson Elser is not their attorney and that no attorney-client relationship is created between Wilson Elser and the Aon Attorneys Advantage policyholder.
Aon Affinity is the brand name for the brokerage and program administration operations of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc.; (TX 13695); (AR 244489); in CA & MN, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in OK, AIS Affinity Insurance Services Inc.; in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc. (CA 0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrators and Berkely Insurance Agency and in NY, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency.Source: www.attorneys-advantage.com