Credit portal




Where are death certificates filed

where are death certificates filed

Following is information concerning Vital Records (Births, Deaths & Marriages for Muskegon County ).

Births, deaths or marriages which took place in Muskegon County are recorded and filed with the Muskegon County Clerk. Click Here to search the Muskegon County Clerk's Death, Marriage and Business Registration Index. You may also click here to search our Online Genealogical Death Indexing System to find out if we have a copy of a death certificate for records between the years 1865 and 1965.Births, deaths or marriages that took place in another county are on file in that county.

To obtain a copy of a record, please come to the County Clerk's office, on the first floor of the Michael E. Kobza Hall of Justice, located at 990 Terrace Street.

If you are unable to come to the office, written request can be mailed to:

Muskegon County Clerk

990 Terrace Street, 1st Floor

Muskegon, Michigan 49442

To save you time, you may click on the Request for Certified Copy fillable form below. Just fill out online, print, sign and mail to the County Clerk's office, along with a photo copy of your ID and money order. (Please see additional information below regarding mailing your request for a certified copy.)

Birth records are available only to the subject of the record, their heir, their legal guardian or a parent named on the

record. Photo Identification is required for all birth requests. Please enclose a photo copy of your driver's license or State ID when making a request by mail.

Written request must include the following information:

    Type of record requested Number of copies desired Full name as it should appear on the record Date of the birth, death or marriage For all birth records, include the father's full name and the mother's full

maiden name For marriage records, include the name of the spouse. Effective October 1, 2008, fees will be $15.00 for the first certified copy and $5.00 for each additional copy of the same record

Include your return address and your phone number

When requesting documents via mail please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope.

For birth records of people who were adopted or born to unmarried parents before October 1, 1978, please call (231) 724-6221 for further information. Additional information is available from the Michigan Department of Vital Records at their website Persons born before 1978 to unwed parents or who were adopted before 1978 should contact the Michigan Department of Vital Records site for copies of their Birth certificate.

Please pay with money order made out to Muskegon County Clerk.

Please call (231) 724-6221 if you have additional questions.

Thank you for visiting the Muskegon County Clerk's Web Site!

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: