Credit portal




How can I get a death certificate with the cause of death of my former spouse if we share a child in common?

how can i get a death certificate

Kearny, NJ | January 10, 2013 2:25am

I recieved a phone called from my ex brother in law telling m ethat his brother die in an accident but when I ask yfor the death certificate he said that they declared him death the day before but he would be disconnected from the machine the very same day of the phone call. I cannot find any records of obituaries. He is careful on his last email saying that his brother had an accident but he does not say that he is death. This has happened before and it was a lie. I need proof before telling my daugther something that it doesnt sound true to me. I asked him for a death certificate but it has been 3 days and he has ignored my request.

Posted January 10, 2013 3:31am

Depending on when this happened, there may not BE a death certificate, yet. It often takes a week or more before they are issued. You can check with the probate court to see if anything has been filed with them. You can also request a demand for notice, on behalf of your daughter.


be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: