How is allstate insurance
How we calculate your estimate
Your ballpark estimate is based on the information you entered, as well as certain assumptions we make about the drivers and vehicles you add, including, but not limited to the following:
- All drivers were licensed at age 16 and have verifiable driving records.
- No driver in the household has had their license suspended or revoked in the past 5 years (MD and WA: past 3 years).
- All drivers reside at the primary residence and all vehicles are garaged and/or parked at that residence. The primary residence is assumed to be within the ZIP Code you entered.
- For accidents and violations entered by you, Allstate has assumed that all accidents are “at-fault” accidents, and that all violations are minor.
- All vehicles identified in the estimate are each driven at least 7,500 miles annually. (CA and CO: 12,000 miles annually), and were purchased in the same year as the model year.
- All vehicles identified in the estimate are driven to and from work (less than or equal to 20 miles each way). If you're 55 or older and retired, it's assumed the vehicle you drive is driven solely for pleasure.
- Unless otherwise noted, coverages and deductibles selected will apply to each vehicle.
- The estimate
is based on the year, make, and model of the vehicle and does not consider the specific sub-model details.
- If you indicate that you own your primary residence, it's assumed to be a single family home or condominium.
- The insurance score we assume for this estimate is based on your self-assessment of General Bill Payment History.
- Continuous insurance coverage is assumed to have been with the same insurance carrier and not with multiple insurance carriers. Carrier is assumed to be a “standard” insurance company.
- If you indicate that you currently carry auto insurance, it's assumed the limits of your Bodily Injury Liability coverage are equivalent to the most popular limits among our customers in your state. ($100,000 per person / $300,000 per accident in most states).
Your actual premium may be higher or lower based on a number of factors, including: additional information you provide or we obtain; the coverages, limits and deductibles you choose; any applicable discounts; additional underwriting and rating criteria; and depending on your state, the date coverage is purchased or the date coverage becomes effective. If you decide to purchase this policy through an Allstate Agent, over the phone or online, we’ll order various consumer reports, to the extent permitted by law, to confirm the exact premium.Source: quote.allstate.com