Liberty Mutual Auto insurance Review
Janet Hunt has been working in the insurance industry for over 15 years. She began her career as a customer service representative for a well-known insurance carrier.
When you are looking for an auto insurance company, you need someone who offers a wide range of auto insurance services and products at the best possible price. You also want a company who knows the ins-and-outs of car insurance. Liberty Mutual is such a company with more than 100 years in the insurance industry.
As a Fortune 500 company and with assets of more than $100 billion, Liberty Mutual is listed as the third largest property and casualty insurance company in the United States.
Its insurance products include auto, homeowners, workers’ compensation, commercial auto. and group disability insurance among others. There are over 45,000 people employed for Liberty Mutual Group worldwide at more than 900 locations. The U.S. operations serve 45 states and are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. David H. Long is the CEO of Liberty Mutual Group, replacing the former CEO, Ted Kelly in 2011.
The company also offers many features, benefits and discounts customers may find attractive when purchasing an auto policy:
- Accident Forgiveness – Your first accident will not increase your insurance premium (not available in CA or NC).
Continue Reading Below
- Better Car Replacement – This is an optional coverage which allows you to replace your car with one that is one year newer if the vehicle has less then 15,000 miles.
Liberty Mutual offers something a little different. You have unlimited rental coverage as long as your car is repaired at a Liberty Mutual-approved repair center.
Financial Ratings & Awards
A customer survey published by Insure.com shows that 86% of Liberty Mutual’s auto policyholders plan to renew their coverage. The customer service ratings for the company by Insure.com were positive overall with high ratings in the areas of price, service and claims.
Here is how the major financial rating organizations rate Liberty Mutual Group:
- A.M. Best Co. – “A” Excellent
- Moody’s – “A2” Good
- Standard & Poor’s – “A” Strong
Pros & Cons
- Affordable car insurance premiums
- Strong customer and claims service
- Attractive features & discounts
- Excellent financial ratings
- The accident forgiveness option is not available in the states of CA or NC.