How do I register for a course?
- To register, visit www.firsteducaid.org, click on “Sign Up Here” on the left side-bar.
- Browse the list of available courses, and “add to cart”. When ready, click on “Checkout”.
- Pay online securely via Paypal. We do not store any financial data for your protection.
- That’s it! Contact us at 613-583-3398 or e-mail us at infoATfirsteducaid.org.
How do I pay for the course?
- Registration is handled online by our Registration and Payment System .
- We use Paypal to accept Visa and Mastercards.
- Alternatively, we will accept cash payment the day of training on a limited basis. Please call us at 613-583-3398.
Who is an “Authorized Provider”?
Authorized Providers are standalone organizations that offer the full range of first aid and CPR training courses from the Canadian Red Cross — we follow national standards that govern the running of courses. There is absolutely no difference between a course taken from an Authorized Provider or a local Red Cross branch. The same manuals and certification cards are used. This model of organization allows the Red Cross to branch out more effectively to address the needs of communities.
What should I bring to the course?
- Please bring snacks and water to a course. We offer you plenty of breaks during the course.
- A pen or a pencil.
- If you’re taking a recertification course, please bring the original proof of your certification.
How long is my certification valid for?
- All Red Cross First Aid certifications are valid for 3 years.
- They’re recognized by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
(WSIB) in Ontario for workplace first aid requirement. It is a National certification, meaning that the same certification is issued throughout Canada.
- Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR-C courses are always considered to be equivalent to “St. John Ambulance” certifications.
What happens when my certification is nearing its end?
- You can enroll in a re-certification course. They are usually half the time of a ‘full course’; upon completion, your certification will be extended for another 3 years.
- Due to WSIB requirements, re-certification courses can only be enrolled by those who are originally certified through the Red Cross.
- Individuals may only re-certify once before having to enroll in a ‘full course’. In other words, ‘full course’, ‘re-cert course’, ‘full course’, ‘re-cert course’, etc.
What do you mean by “First EducAid is a social entrepreneurial venture”?
- We believe in a close interdependent relationship between a business that offers a service and the customers who receive a service. Further to that, because a business do not exist in isolation from its greater community, we believe that it is important to be responsive to the needs of the community. More importantly, we believe that it is for the greater good to have as many people trained in first aid & CPR — this puts us in a very unique position to contribute to the community.
- As such, we, as an Authorized Provider of the Red Cross, actively seek out opportunities to sponsor organizations and groups that could benefit from first aid & CPR training.
- We offer training at the lowest price to ensure that training is accessible to as many people as possible.