How to Order NSO Birth Certificate Online
My mother-in-law asked me if I could spare a few hours of my time to accompany her to NSO to get a copy of her birth certificate. For some reason, she couldn’t find her old copy and she needs it for the application of her health card.
I’m a WAHM (work-at-home-mom), while my MIL manages her small business. Going to the National Statistics Office to get her birth certificate will not only take a few hours of our productivity (working time), but also our effort and patience.
Good thing there is NSO Helpline, where we can order a copy of our Birth Certificate on the internet. It’s a little more expensive but it’s way more convenient than going to the National Statistics Office and wait in long lines.
If you need a copy of your birth certificate or any of the certificates from NSO, I highly suggest that you do it online. Below are the step-by-step process on how to order your birth certificate online:
- Go to https://nsohelpline.com/
- Click Order Now!
- Choose the NSO certificate that you need (ex. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, or Death Certificate)
For Birth Certificate
What do you need the birth certificate for?
- Passport / Travel – (Choose the Destination Country)
- Employment Abroad – (Choose the Destination Country)
- Local Employment
- School Requirements
- Claims / Benefits / Loans
- US Embassy Reverification
- Australian Embassy
- Negative Intact – (Specify Reason)
- Others – (Specify Reason)
Have you ever applied for this certificate before?
- YES (Select this if you have previously applied for a birth certificate from NSO via delivery or onsite)
- NO (Select this if you have not applied for a copy of your birth certificate from NSO)
(If you select YES, you will be redirected to the next question. If you select NO, you will be redirected to the Birth Certificate Application Form)
Were you able to get the birth certificate?
- YES (Select this if you were able to get a copy of your
birth certificate before)
- NO (Select this if your previous request from the NSO yielded a negative result)
- Fill out the Birth Certificate Application Form
- Birth Details
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- Have you had any legal proceeding done to your birth certificate?
Examples of Legal Proceedings:
Correction of Entry
Click NONE if you haven’t had any of the examples above.
- Who will receive the certificate upon delivery?
- First Name
- Middle Initial
- Last Name
- The requesting party is the: (Choose from the available options)
- Order Summary
- Contact Info (Provide a valid and accurate information)
- Complete Delivery Address
- Checkout Summary
Number of Copies –
- Payment Options
- Over the Counter (Metrobank or Bayad Center)
- Online Payment (Visa or Master Card)
- BancNet ATM (BancNet Online or Offline)
- Mobile Payment (Globe Gcash)
The first time I went to the NSO to get my birth certificate, there was already a long line of applicants at around 6AM. After waiting for a few hours, my number was finally flashed on the screen and I submitted the application form together with my payment. However, I was told to come back after two weeks to get my birth certificate.
The second time I went there was when I and my husband requested for Cenomar. Same thing happened. We waited for almost four hours before our number was called and we got our Cenomar after two weeks.
With the NSO Helpline service, we got my MIL’s birth certificate two days after I ordered it online. The normal turn-around time is 3-5 business days, but it was delivered earlier than expected. Fast and convenient indeed.
How about you? Have you tried NSO Helpline before? How was your experience?