Birth certificate how to obtain
- In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969 ) to register every birth with the concerned State/UT Government within 21 days of its occurrence.
- The Government accordingly has provided for a well-defined system for registration of Birth, with the Registrar General at the centre and the Chief Registrars in the States, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
- Rural - Local Thana in-charge (police station).
- Urban - Registrar, Birth and Death, Local Municipal Office.
It is essential in the event of the birth of a child that either family members or relatives report the same in the prescribed form, within 21 days, to the local authorities. In case a birth is reported after 21 days, but before 1 year from the date of the same, then it is required to be reported to the District Planning and Statistical Officer through proper channel.If it has not been reported for more than 1 year, due permission is required from a first class magistrate to get the certificate issued by the local authorities.
If a child is born at home, parent
need to submit affidavit or written document from parshad / Sarpanch.If child is born at hospital, then applicant will submit discharge slip (pink slip). This will contain all birth related details and parent information. You could also contact CHOICE centre to get the birth registered, the CHOICE centres are listed below.
Birth certificates can be obtained in the following there ways.
Apply through local office where the birth happened in the City/Town/Village, which is usually the office of the SDM (Sub-Divisional Magistrate) or of the Tehsil or Revenue Department
- Identify the local Tehsil or the SDM office and make sure you have all the required documents that are listed under "Required Documents".
- You would also have pay an appropriate fees and you will be provided with a application form which has to be filled in an submitted.
Apply through Common Service Centre (CSC)
You could also approach the CSC centre that are listed in the following link with the required documents and you will be guided to obtain the required documents. CSC Centre Locations
Apply through CHOICE Centre
You could also approach the CHOICE centre that are listed in the following link with the required documents and you will be guided to obtain the required documents. CHOICE Centre LocationsSource: www.wikiprocedure.com