What documentation do I need to provide when flying to or from South Africa with a child or minor?
Qatar Airways Support August 02, 2015 11:36
Child travelling with parents
When travelling with a child, parents must produce an unabridged birth certificate of the child reflecting the particulars of the parents to the child.
In the case of one parent travelling with a child, he or she must produce an unabridges birth certificate and:
1. Consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent registered on the birth certificate of the child authorising him or her to enter into or depart from South Africa with the child.
2. A court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child.
3. Where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered on the birth certificate.
Child travelling with a person who is not a biological parent
When travelling with a child, a person who is not the biological parent must produce the following:
1. A copy of the unabridged birth certificate of the child.
2. An affidavit from the parents or legal guardian of the child confirming
that he or she has permission to travel with the child.
3. Copies of the identity documents or passports of the parents of legal guardian of the child
4. The contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child.
Any unaccompanied minor shall produce the following to the immigration officer:
1. Proof of consent from one of or both his or her parents or legal guardian, as the case may be, in the form of a letter or affidavit for the child to travel into or depart from South Africa. (if only one parent provides consent, they must also provide the court order as proof of full parental responsibility).
2. A letter from the person who is to receive the child in South Africa, containing his or her residential address and contact details.
3. A copy of the identity document or valid passport and visa or permanent residence permit of the person who is to receive the child in South Africa.
4. The contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child.Source: support.qatarairways.com