- Coverage Details
Malpractice Insurance for Pharmacists
As a pharmacist, you worked hard to get where you’re at today and an unforeseen disciplinary action or malpractice lawsuit can have consequences on both your career and financial future. Chances are your employer may offer insurance coverage, but there are oftentimes limitations and you are not fully protected. Having your own personal insurance, designed to put your interests first, is the best way to incorporate personal risk management and peace of mind.
Why You Need Your Own Professional Liability Insurance
Consider the likely gaps in your employer’s malpractice insurance that are leaving your career exposed:
- Claims-made insurance may not cover suits filed after you have terminated your employment
- Policy limits that may not be high enough to protect you and all your co-workers
- Coverage that may not include lost wage reimbursement or licensing board hearing reimbursement
- Coverage that likely doesn’t extend outside of the workplace, such as when you engage in volunteer, moonlighting or self-employed activities
Check out the Coverage Details tab to learn how a personal professional liability plan from Proliability can cover these gaps with superior coverage at an affordable rate.
Why Proliability Coverage is the Right Choice * Proliability is proud to offer you comprehensive coverage with competitive premiums – we don’t believe you should have to skimp on coverage to make it affordable
for you. Our Pharmacists’ Professional Liability Insurance offers the following:
- Inclusive Insurance: Coverage available for employed or self-employed pharmacists
- Extensive Coverage: Various limit options up to $2 million per claim/$4 million aggregate per policy year
- Your Own Defense: Your own attorney to protect your best interests in a lawsuit
- Lost Wage Reimbursement: Reimbursement for lost wages due to various activities, including trial attendance, that may be required of you in your defense
- Court Costs Coverage: Payment of certain expenses incurred in your defense, in addition to the limits of liability
- Licensing Issues Reimbursement: Coverage for representation in response to licensing board actions, even if a malpractice suit isn’t filed
- Benefits for Association members: ASHP members may be eligible for special discounts
Liberty International Underwriters is the marketing name for the broker-distributed specialty lines business operations of Liberty Mutual Insurance.
*This is only a summary of insurance policy provisions offered in the program. Certain coverage benefits described herein may not be available in your state at the time of policy issuance, or may be available, but with differing terms and conditions. If any conflict exists between the benefits described herein and those contained in any actual policy issued, the terms and conditions of the issued policy prevail. Coverage is only bound upon underwriting acceptance. Applying and paying for coverage is not a guarantee of acceptance into the program.
Learn More about Professional Liability Insurance for PharmacistsSource: www.proliability.com