How To Apply For Institute of Chartered Accountant Of Nigeria, ICAN
Are you a graduate? Do you want to be a member of a Professional body? Then I will recommend you register for ICAN. ICAN. as being officially known in Nigeria means Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria . It is a body according to their mission statement, which produces world-class Chartered Accountants, regulate and continually enhance their ethical standards and technical competence in the public interest.
I am not here to bored you about the meaning of ICAN but to show you why you should be a Chartered Accountant and guide you on how you will apply for ICAN
Why Apply For ICAN?
The good news is that you don’t have to be a graduate in Accountant for you to apply for ICAN. In fact, the best student of ICAN always emerges from Engineering background. So why apply for ICAN ?
- You may apply for ICAN because you need a Career in Accounting. To be a professional Accountant, having an ICAN certificate is a major step in your career. You may be working in a bank, auditing firm, etc. and you really need to boost your career, then ICAN is what you really need.
- ICAN Membership will act as a shield for you as a Chartered Accountant. It will be a body that protects, guide you and enable you to stand tall in your career.
How To Apply For ICAN Membership?
Of course, the first step of being a Chartered Accountant is to apply. You are required to write examination and pass before you will be inducted. Below are the basic steps you can take to apply for ICAN.
- You will
be required to obtain a Pin from Zenith Bank at the rate of N7000.00. Just walk up to the nearest Zenith Bank Branch, tell the Teller that you need an ICAN Registration Pin, after filling your deposit slip, pay N7000, and wait for your Pin which will be given to you in less than 3 minute. I love that bank.
- Log on to ICAN Website that is written on the PIN, the Teller gave you. You will also be required to use information on the pin to log on to the website.
- CLICK ON TO STUDENTS’ PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION AND FILL YOUR DATA ON THE FORM.
- OBTAIN A COLOURED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH OF YOURSELF. SCAN THE PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH ON THE FORM.
- CLICK TWICE ON SUBMITS TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION ON-LINE.
- PRINT OUT A COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM
- APPEND YOUR SIGNATURE
- GET A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT AS YOUR REFEREE/SPONSOR.
- PROVIDE HIS/HER MEMBERSHIP NUMBER, NAME AND PHONE NUMBER.
- TAKE THE PRINTED COPY OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND THE PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR CREDENTIALS TO YOUR REFEREE/SPONSOR FOR CERTIFICATION.
- STUDENTS USING AAT RESULT SHOULD PAY N23,500 BEING THE COST OF INDUCTION/CONFERENCE AND ATTACH THE PHOTOCOPY OF THE RECEIPT TO THE FORM.
- ATTACH THE FOLLOWING:
1. ORIGINAL COPY OF THE PIN VOUCHER
2. TWO COPIES OF CERTIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
3. THREE SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPES WITH N50. STAMP AFFIXED ON EACH OF THEM.
4. ORIGINAL COPY OF THE BANK TELLER.
For further enquiry, Contact email@example.com
If you are found wanting in any of the steps below, then use the comment form below to ask question, I will be here to answer themSource: naijatips.com