How to apply ssl certificate
The Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificate request process consists of three main steps:
Submitting certificate request and required documentation
Installing issued certificate
Follow the instructions below to purchase and request an EV SSL certificate for your Web site.
- Go to the Secure Certificates product page and purchase a one- or two-year EV SSL Certificate.
Note: If your domain is hosted with your certificate reseller, then the reseller will generate and submit your Certificate Signing Request (CSR) to the certification authority (CA) and install the signed certificate on your site once issued. If you are hosting elsewhere you must perform those tasks yourself.
- Requesting organization's name and address,
- Requesting organization's jurisdiction
- Requesting organization's registration number
- Name and contact information for requesting organization's appointed Certificate Requestor, Certificate Approver and Contract Signer.
- Use your Web server software to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR). CSR-instructions are available on the certificate-management Web site.
- Copy and paste the generated CSR into the CSR field on the certificate-request page; then select your Web server software from the drop-down list.
- Required by all:
While processing is under way you can monitor the progress of your certificate request via the certificate-management area.
If all necessary documentation is submitted, the CA is usually able to complete the authentication process and issue a signed certificate within 2-4 hours of the request.Source: products.secureserver.net