Credit portal




How to change a birth certificate in illinois

how to change a birth certificate in illinois


Best Answer: Instructions

Parents married before child was born (corrections process)

Download and complete the Application for Correction of a Birth Certificate from the Illinois Division of Vital Records' website.

Photocopy your valid photo I.D. such as a state-issued driver's license.

Make a check or money order payable to "Illinois Department of Public Health" in the amount of $15. Add $2 for each additional copy of the amended record.

Mail the completed application, identification and fee to:

Illinois Department of Public Health

Division of Vital Records

925 East Ridgely Ave.

Springfield, IL 62702-2737

Parents married after birth (legitimations process)

Download and complete both the Affidavit by Biological Father and Affidavit by Biological Mother forms from Vital Records' website.

Obtain a certified copy of your marriage record. You can request a copy from the county clerk of the county you were married in.

Prepare the $15 processing fee made payable to "Illinois Department of Public Health." If you require additional copies of

the amended record, add $2 per additional copy.

Send the two completed affidavits, the certified marriage record and the appropriate fees to Illinois' Division of Vital Records.

Parents are not married (paternity acknowledgment)

Obtain the Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity (VAP) form. You can get the form at any of the following places: child support offices, Department of Human Services offices, County Clerk's offices or at the state or local Registrar's offices.

Complete the VAP together. Both parents will need to fill out, sign and date the document in the presence of an adult witness.

Send the original and first copy of the completed form to:

Administrative Coordination Unit (ACU)

110 West Lawrence St.

Springfield, Illinois 62704

Once the VAP is received and processed, ACU will send the form to Illinois' Division of Vital Records so that the father's name can be added to the birth certificate.

Keep the last two copies for your own records. One copy is for the mother; the other for the father.

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: