Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
DEC-20806 Introduction to Development Economics; MST-21306 Advanced Management and Marketing.
DEC-30306 Central Themes in Development Economics; DEC-80430 MSc Thesis Development Economics; MCB-31306 Selected Themes in Marketing and Consumer Behaviour; MCB-80430 MSc Thesis Marketing and Consumer Behaviour.
The course is designed for Msc students in economics, sociology, and/or business. The focus is on rural institutions in finance and in marketing within the context of development policies. The course consists of the theories on financial development and marketing, like new institutional economics. It discusses issues on rural financial markets and institutions, such as microfinance, as well as marketing
institutions and strategies (like Fair Trade and Bottom-of-the-Pyramid).
- demonstrate understanding of current theories on the economics of microfinance;
- demonstrate understanding of current theories on marketing and developing countries;
- apply analytical tools to deal with marketing and microfinance issues in developing countries;
- analyse the role of microfinance institutions in the context of financial policies in developing countries;
- evaluate current debates on the importance of microfinance and marketing in the process of economic development;
- assess scientific papers on microfinance and marketing institutions in developing countries.
Theory and case studies are introduced in lectures, followed by a plenary discussion.Source: ssc.wur.nl
Category: Payday loans