Microfinance Job: Associate Investment Analyst – Blue Orchard (Switzerland)
About the Organization:
BlueOrchard is a Swiss-based company specializing in the management of microfinance investment products. It provides innovative financial instruments and solutions for placements in microfinance, bridging the gap between capital markets and MFIs. Its mission is “to empower the poor worldwide and improve their quality of life by promoting income-generating activities through private investments in microfinance.”
About the Job:
BlueOrchard is looking for an Associate Investment Analyst who will work in closely with an investment analyst or senior investment analyst to manage a pool of MFIs. S/he will be initially based in Geneva, with frequent travels to emerging markets, and should be willing to relocate to a BlueOrchard regional office.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
MFI relationship management:
- Assist in the selection of MFIs for financing;
- Collect and analyze MFIs’ documentation, operational, financial, and social information. Propose a financial strength and credit rating for the MFI, prepare credit committee proposals, assist in the loan documentation closing and disbursement process;
- Monitor existing partner MFIs (monthly/quarterly analytical review and follow up);
- Provide administrative support and follow up on all transactions.
- Carry out research on country risk (macroeconomics,
political risks, etc.);
- Carry out research and update information on the regulatory and competitive environment of the local microfinance sector.
- On-site due diligence visits:
- Prepare due diligence trips together with the investment analyst (desk study for existing and new clients plus logistics);
- Draft country and MFI due diligence reports.
- Report on portfolio analytics to portfolio managers and investors;
- Help with fund management tasks.
- Degree in finance, business administration, economics, or related field;
- Relevant working experience in the banking, microfinance or economic development sectors;
- Strong and proven financial analytical skills;
- Previous experience in financing and performing both social and financial due diligence of MFIs in Eastern Europe and /or the Caucasus is a plus;
- Proven interest for impact investing, microfinance and emerging markets;
- Deep understanding of the due-diligence and lending processes in the microfinance sector;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, to be able to inform and persuade both orally and in writing;
- Excellent written and spoken English and at least one other language;
- Demonstrated team player with ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
Category: Payday loans