Microfinance Gateway Associate
CGAP is an independent policy and research center dedicated to advancing financial access for the world’s poor. It is supported by over 33 development agencies and private foundations who share a common mission to alleviate poverty. Housed at the World Bank, CGAP provides data and analysis, promotes standards, develops innovative solutions and offers advisory services to governments, microfinance providers, donors, and investors.
Access to financial services is a fundamental tool for improving a family’s well-being and productive capacity. Access to financial services empowers the poor by reducing their vulnerability, and offering them opportunities to improve their lives.
CGAP works toward a world in which poor people are considered valued clients of their country’s financial system. We aim to help build efficient and equitable local financial markets that serve all poor people with convenient and affordable financial services.
About the Microfinance Gateway
The Microfinance Gateway () is the most comprehensive online resource for the global microfinance community. The Web site, with affiliate language sites in Spanish, French and Arabic, encourages knowledge exchange by providing access to the latest research and publications, feature articles on industry trends and developments, organizations and consultants’ profiles, job postings, and current news and events in the field. With four million page views and nearly one million visits over a year, the Gateway consistently ranks at the top of search engines for microfinance. The English site relaunched in 2009 with an updated look and feel, rating and review tools, and dynamic content on key microfinance topics. The site strategy includes finalizing and implementing a social media and multimedia strategy; presenting more country specific content; and planning for Russian and Chinese affiliate language sites.
Under the direct supervision of the Microfinance Gateway Deputy Manager, the Microfinance Gateway Associate will support the implementation of the site’s workplan. This includes a range of activities including: site marketing and monitoring; managing the IT and design requirements of each of the sites; editing web content; overseeing social media and off-line marketing initiatives; basic design work; and other duties as assigned. The position is the key liaison between the Gateway site and CGAP’s IT team, and serves an important knowledge management function.
Specifically, the Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
1 Content Updates and Administration
The Gateway Associate will assist in all content management tasks on the Microfinance Gateway as required. Specifically, the Associate will:
• Manage all bugs, enhancements, and design updates for the English and language affiliate sites; manage Gateway coordination with CGAP IT and well as external vendors and contractors; track items through Bugzilla (web-based bugtracker) and regular IT meetings;
• Lead testing on search functionality and work with IT to improve search results;
• Track and update featured content on the site;
• Contribute content ideas for the different site sections, as required
• Update the Organizations database, format and design visuals for Microfinance Voices (feature articles), and other site sections as required;
• Assist team in providing support and CMS platform training to French, Arabic, and Spanish sites as needed;
• Research data requests and respond to queries in written and oral form; and
• Review and finalize two weekly Bulletins drafted by content management team.
2. Site Marketing and Monitoring
• Lead bi-ennual user survey including development of survey instrument, launch on survey monkey, marketing, analysis, and results dissemination;
• Manage Google Analytics and Omniture (web analytics software) set-up and dashboards, and put together monthly statistics reports for all the language sites;
• Organize Microfinance Website Manager’s Meetings biannually;
• Assist in online and offline website marketing for English site including Google campaigns, and support to Spanish, French, Arabic sites as needed; and
• Disseminate Microfinance Voices through appropriate channels
3. Assist in Design Updates to French and Arabic Microfinance Gateway Sites
• Liaise with the development/IT teams and the Gateway language teams on site requirements and design;
• Design and/or manage the design of graphics and additional display elements; and
• Assist with site testing efforts as needed.
4. Lead Social Media and Multimedia Strategy
• Define and implement Microfinance Gateway’s social media and multimedia strategy
• Attend World Bank web community events on behalf of the Microfinance Gateway
The Microfinance Gateway Associate will report directly to the Deputy Manager
The Associate position will begin on/about March1, 2011
• Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s degree preferred), ideally in Communications, Marketing, Development Management or a related field.Source: www.devex.com
Category: Payday loans