Indiana payday loan rules
What if I have a dispute?Before electronically signing your loan agreement, you should carefully review the Arbitration Agreement portion. The Arbitration Agreement provides that all Claims arising from or relating to your loan Agreement or any other agreement that you and we have ever entered into must be resolved by binding arbitration if the person or entity against whom a Claim is asserted elects to arbitrate the Claim. Thus, if the person or entity against whom you assert a Claim elects to arbitrate the Claim, then you will not have the following rights:
- You may not file or maintain a lawsuit in any court except a small claims court.
- You may not join or participate in a class action, act as a class representative or a private attorney general, or consolidate your Claim with the claims of others.
- You will have to pay the arbitration firm certain fees in order to commence an arbitration proceeding, unless you ask us to pay those fees to the arbitration firm for you.
- You give up your right to have a jury decide your Claim.
- You will not be afforded the procedural, pre-trial discovery, and appellate rights in an arbitration proceeding that you would enjoy in a court or judicial proceeding.
right to credit, how much credit you receive, or any contract term other than the Arbitration Agreement.
The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) (1-800-778-7879, www.adr.org) will administer the arbitration of Claims. The AAA will normally apply its Consumer Arbitration Rules then in effect to a Claim but may apply other types of procedural rules – such as the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules then in effect – if a party to the arbitration proceeding demonstrates that the application of such other procedural rules is appropriate. No matter what the arbitration firm’s procedural rules provide, you and we agree that the arbitrator must issue a written decision and may award any type of remedy – including punitive damages and equitable relief – that a court or jury could award if the Claim were litigated. You and we also agree that an arbitration firm may not arbitrate a Claim as a class action or otherwise consolidate the Claims of multiple persons. You may request a copy of the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules and other procedural rules at the toll-free phone number or URL (universal resource locator) ideniove. If you object to the AAA as the arbitration firm, then the parties may agree to select a local arbitrator who is a retired judge or a registered arbitrator in good standing with an arbitration firm, provided that such local arbitrator must enforce all the terms of this arbitration agreement, including the class-action waiver. The parties may not select a local arbitrator who refuses to enforce this arbitration agreement, including the class action waiver, because you and we waive any right to arbitrate a Claim on a class-action, representative-action, or consolidated basis. When attempting to contact AAA or another arbitration firm, please recognize that phone numbers and URLs change frequently; you may need to update the contact information provided above with your own research.Source: www.paydayloantoday.com
Category: Payday loans