Knox payday loan
— Aug 11, 2015
Google has announced a massive organisational overhaul. The search giant will now be controlled by Alphabet, a newly created parent company.
Meanwhile, many of Google’s projects less related to its core internet business — including its investment and human-longevity research arms — are being spun out into separate companies under the Alphabet umbrella, each with its own CEO.
Larry Page, formerly Google’s CEO, is now heading up Alphabet, while Sundar Pichai is taking up the reins of a “slimmed down” Google.
The new structure isn’t yet implemented; according to SEC filings. it “will be introduced in phases over the coming months.” Accordingly, we don’t yet know everything about exactly what will be kept under the Google umbrella and what will be spun off to become a separate Alphabet company.
Some of the major divisions have been confirmed, however, in a blog post by Larry Page and in the accompanying SEC filings. We have combined these with their confirmed or
likely CEOs to show how the new Alphabet will be structured.
Unclear on some of the divisions?
- Nest is a smart-home-devices company acquired by Google in 2014.
- Calico is a project to increase human longevity.
- Sidewalk Labs is all about improving modern cities.
- Google X is the company’s moonshots division, housing the company’s ambitious projects such as Google Glass, internet-delivering high-altitude balloons, and so on.
- Fiber builds high-speed internet connections.
- Google Capital is its investment arm, which is distinct from Google Ventures. the search giant’s venture-capital investment vehicle.
- Google is, well, Google. It contains most of the products that ordinary consumers associate with the search giant, including Search, Android, and Maps. It is worth noting that YouTube. despite already having its own CEO, is not being spun out.
According to Re/code. Google’s robotics division will also sit under the Alphabet umbrella — though it’s not immediately clear who will head it up.
Category: Payday loans