For mothers like Lea (pictured), poverty is a reality they know all too well. In developing countries, poverty can affect every aspect of a family’s life: mealtimes – struggling to find enough to eat; school days – not being able to give your children an education; bedtime – getting sick from sleeping on the cold floor because there’s no proper bed to sleep in.
Microfinance is all about providing people living in poverty with a hand up.
By providing small loans to families through Opportunity International Australia, you can help them leave poverty behind.
With a loan as small as $70 to buy a sewing machine or seeds to plant a vegetable farm, families are able to start their own
business and transform their lives, their children’s futures and their communities.
And with 98% of loans repaid and then recycled, more and more families are helped over time.
By giving families like Lea’s the tools they need to transform their lives, microfinance is a sustainable solution to poverty, creating a ripple effect that will continue for generations to come.
- Small loans help families start their own small businesses and earn regular incomes
- Savings accounts provide a secure way to save for the future
- Microinsurance protects against emergencies
- Remittances help families living apart access much-needed funds
- Micropensions provide a form of livelihood in old age.
The journey of transformation
Category: Payday loans