How to open a word document in Photoshop?
May 29, 2010 by Mitz
A Microsoft word document cannot be simply opened in Photoshop. Word documents are saved in .doc or .docx file formats which are not compatible with Photoshop. Photoshop deals with .psd. jpeg. gif, and other various image file formats. This is probably a strange tutorial as I usually talk about cutting out images using Photoshop.
Why would you want to open a Word Document in Photoshop?
You can do so many things on a computer, however people always want to do something that is not always possible. Here are a few reasons I can think of why you would want to open a word document in Photoshop:
- You might want to open a document full of pictures in Photoshop to edit them more professionally
- Maybe you want to split the Word document up into layers to enable better editing.
- You might want to use some special features in Photoshop that are not available in Microsoft Word.
How do you open a Word document in Photoshop
The only logical way I can see to open a word document in Photoshop is to use take a screenshot of the document, save it as a jpeg, and then open it in
- Microsoft Word .
- A keyboard with a Print Screen key.
- The Mspaint program. (Comes with Windows)
How to get your Word document into Photoshop?
- Open your Word document.
- Go to see a print preview for the document so it will fit on the screen fully. Go to the file menu for Word 2003 or the office symbol for Word 2007. You will see print preview in these menus.
- When you see your full page press the prtscrn key on your keyboard.
- Open the mspaint program by going down to the start menu, all programs, accessories, then paint.
- Go to the edit menu at the top and choose paste .
- You will see a picture of the word document. Go to the file menu at the top and choose Save As.
- Mspaint will save the screenshot as an image file . I prefer .jpeg. Please remember where you are saving the file.
- Then open Photoshop . open the file that you saved.
Notes: You can also paste the document screenshot directly into Photoshop after opening a new project, however I feel that the quality is better through paint.Source: tips4pc.com
Category: Personal Finance