Credit portal




How long can i get financial aid

how long can i get financial aid

Open only to financial aid eligible students with an EFC (Expected Family Contribution) of less than $4500. Fees and payments are assessed approximately the 8th week of the semester and only if a student’s financial aid file is incomplete or in the event that a student has a complete file and lacks sufficient financial aid funds to cover tuition.

PLEASE NOTE: To enroll in either payment plan option a student must provide valid bank account or credit/debit card information to the FACTS Payment Plan server listed under “Financial Information” in the My Triton Portal .

For more information regarding the FACTS payment plan visit or call the Cashier’s Office at 708-456-0300 Ext. 3649 .

I want to drop a class. Will this affect my financial aid?

YES! The amount of federal financial assistance that a student receives is based on the completion of all registered course work. Any student who withdraws completely or fails to successfully complete any course work from a semester may be required to return a portion of the federal funds that had been applied to his/her account. The final amount of financial aid earned will be based on the period of time that the student was attending during the term.

Please check with the

Financial Aid Office prior to dropping classes!

I applied for financial aid and was not eligible for any grant funds. However, since that time I have encountered a significant reduction in my income. Is there a way for reconsideration of my financial aid eligibility?

Yes. if a student can document that the he/she and/or the student’s spouse/parents will be receiving a substantially lower income in the coming tax year then they may complete a “Special Circumstance Form,” available in the Financial Aid Office. A Financial Aid Administrator will review the student’s situation and notify them if adjustments can be made on their FAFSA application.

What happens to any leftover grant money not used for my tuition and fees?

How do I get my Pell Grant refund check?

Any remaining monies from the Pell grant after tuition is paid and books are purchased will be issued to the student in the form of a check mailed to the home address listed at Triton College. It is the student's responsibility to keep the Admission and Records Office up-to-date with their current address.

If a student has not received their Pell Grant refund check within ten (10) business days from the check issue date, he/she may contact the Financial Aid Office.

Category: Personal Finance

Similar articles: