How long do you need to save tax returns
==>Choosing A Tax Professional | CPA The Gold Standard (Littleton | SW Denver | Denver CPA Onlin)
Choose a Tax Professional
**As a note I have seen several CL postings on the Denver directory that are definitely not legit, remember you are ultimately responsible for your tax return. You are signing it under the penalty of perjury.****
Whether you choose to engage me for tax preparation or some one else check them out on the IRS website @ IRS.gov/chooseataxpro
A tax return preparer is trusted with your most personal information. They know about your marriage, your income, your children and your social security numbers -- the details of your financial life. Most tax return preparers provide outstanding service. However, each year, some taxpayers are hurt financially because they choose the wrong tax return preparer.
Well-intentioned taxpayers can be misled by preparers who don't understand taxes or who mislead people into taking credits or deductions they aren't entitled to in order to increase their fee. Every year, these types of tax preparers face everything from penalties to even jail time for defrauding their clients.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when choosing a tax preparer:
It's your personal information do your basic due diligence and check out this IRS website.
This is the easiest and one of the best ways to separate the tax professionals from the ones working illegally. Just check this website from the IRS: IRS.gov/chooseataxpro
• Check to be sure the preparer has an IRS Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN). Anyone with a valid 2015 PTIN is authorized to prepare federal tax returns. Tax return preparers, however, have differing levels of skills, education and expertise. An important difference in the types of practitioners is "representation rights". You can learn more about the several different types of return preparers on IRS.gov/chooseataxpro.
• Ask the tax preparer if they have a professional credential (enrolled agent, certified public accountant, or attorney), belong to a professional organization or attend continuing education classes. A number of tax law changes, including the Affordable Care Act provisions, can be complex. A competent tax professional needs to be up-to-date in these matters. Tax return preparers aren't required to have a professional credential, but make sure you understand the qualifications of the preparer you select.
• Make sure your preparer offers IRS e-file and ask that your return be submitted to the IRS electronically. Any tax professional who gets paid to prepare and file more than
10 returns generally must file the returns electronically. It's the safest and most accurate way to file a return, whether you do it alone or pay someone to prepare and file for you.
• Review your return before signing. Before you sign your tax return, review it and ask questions if something is not clear. Make sure you're comfortable with the accuracy of the return before you sign it.
• Ensure the preparer signs and includes their PTIN. Paid preparers must sign returns and include their PTIN as required by law. The preparer must also give you a copy of the return.
==>Verify my Tax credential here @ The Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications: http://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf
Just enter my zip code: 80123 last name Hulett and my CPA credential.
***As a note do not do business with anyone holding themselves out as a tax preparer that isn't included in this directory.***
I am the affordable, professional alternative for tax preparation, serving the Denver Metro Area Online.
My Online Office brings financial services directly into your home or business enabling you to more actively participate in your financial management. I conduct my practice from my in-home office in Littleton, CO. As such, I work almost exclusively with secure portals, phone, email, fax and with clients comfortable using online methods to conduct business.
==> Serving Individual Tax Clients Year-Round. An Honest Tax CPA, Personal Tax Returns $150 to $350
I offer individual tax return preparation for current, amended and back tax years.
==> Business Income Tax Preparation. An Honest Tax CPA, Business Tax Return Business Tax Returns $450 to $1,500. Business income tax return preparation starts at $450 due to the increased complexity level and amount of time involved over individual tax returns.
I am looking for long-term clients. If you are looking for a similar relationship with a CPA, I may be the right choice.
I look forward to working with you over the long run.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact me.
I have helped individuals, families, self-employed and small business owners in the Denver Colorado Area with their tax and accounting needs, and I am sure I can help you too. I keep my pricing family and small business friendly, so I can help everyday people who find themselves in a difficult situation with the tax authorities.
Gary L Hulett CPA | MBA | MPAc-Tax
Category: Personal Finance