Credit portal




Frequently Asked Questions about Russian visa

how long is 7 business days

Before entering Russia

While at Consulate

While in Russia

A visa to the Russian Federation is a document, permitting stay in Russia for a specific period of time. A visa contains your entry/exit dates, your vital information, passport details and some information about the inviting party. Please note, that Your Russian visa is an exit permit just like it’s an entry permit. If You lose it or stay over Your planned departure date, leaving the country could be more troublesome than entering it. For more information please see Entry requirements and Russian visa requirements . Do I need a visa?

Most foreign nationals are required to have entry visas to travel to the Russian Federation. Citizens of former CIS Republics, except Georgia and Turkmenistan, may enter Russia with their national passports. See different Russian Visa Types. What is the difference between a tourist visa and a business visa?

Tourist visas are valid for up to one month and business visas are valid for the period of 1 to 12 months. A tourist visa invitation can be issued in one days while for business visa it takes 3-25 business days to prepare depending on the type You choose. See Russian Visa Types to find the most appropriate visa for You. Can I travel on a private trip and individually with a tourist visa?

Yes, you can. The type of visa You choose depends on the purpose and the length of Your trip. For a tourist visa to Russia You must have confirmed accommodations or transit information for every night of Your stay in the country. We will provide You with an invitation for a Russian visa to meet this requirement and confirming Your accommodations/itinerary. No hotel reservations or bookings are needed on Your part. Can I process an invitation for a private visa through your company?

We provide only tourist and business invitations’ processing. Friends or relatives, who will host You during Your Russian visit, will need to obtain a visa invitation for You from the Passport and Visa Department of the local Police Precinct. This official invitation will need to be mailed to You. Russian Consulates worldwide accept only original private visa invitations. Obtaining this type of invitation can be a very lengthy and troublesome procedure, and we suggest applying for either Tourist visa or Business visa instead. If I am flying to another country through Saint-Petersburg do I need a transit visa? Yes, You do if you intend to leave transit zone in the airport. You should apply for a transit visa to the Russian Consulate showing them Your air tickets to and from Saint-Petersburg. They will issue Your transit visa on the grounds of Your tickets. Please note that a transit visa can be valid for up to 72 hours only. If You can't satisfy these requirements, we suggest You apply for a regular Tourist visa instead. How long does it take to process a business visa? And how much does it cost? Please note, that we can provide You with an invitation for Your business visa, which You then take to the Russian Consulate to receive the visa itself. For rates and terms on business visa invitation please see Business visa. Please get in touch with the Russian Consulate to get the update on fees and processing time for Your visa. Should I provide you with the exact travel dates in my application form for a tourist invitation or can I give you rough dates within the same month?

A Tourist visa is issued for a maximum period - 30 days (check with Your local Russian Embassy or Consulate,) so You can mention rough travel dates within that time frame. You can then enter and leave Russia within that period. In case You have already got tickets, please, order the visa supports for the exact dates! How can I change some details in my request for an invitation?

In case You have provided us wrong details or forgotten about something, please, do not hesitate to e-mail or call us at +7 812 579-9933. I am living in USA, but I still have Russian citizenship. Do I need a visa?

If You are a Russian citizen and have a valid Russian passport, You have to enter Russia with it and there is no visa required. If You left Russia before 1992 you have to obtain a Russian

visa and travel to Russia with Your passport. Do I need a visa for my child?

If You are applying for a business visa and Your child’s info is entered into the US or EU passport of one of the parents, You can get one invitation for the parent and the child together. Please provide Your child’s data as well as the amendment page of the parent’s passport when You fill in the form. If Your child has a separate passport, You will need to get a separate invitation for him/her as an accompanying family member. If one of the parent’s is a Russian citizen and the child is traveling to Russia with that parent, You will need to get a Russian passport or a tourist visa (private) for the child. Business visa invitation will not be appropriate. How do I locate the nearest Russian consulate?

In order to obtain Your Russian visa, You should bring Your invitation letter, Your passport, 3 photos 3x4 cm, consular fee and a proof of medical insurance to the Russian Consulate. For multiple entry visas, You also require an HIV Test certificate (test results issued within the previous 90 days). It is always a good idea to get in touch with the Russian Consulate in order to receive the latest update on the required documents. If You have no opportunity to go to the Russian Consulate/Embassy Yourself, you can generally send there Your visa documents by mail. You will get Your visa by mail from the consulate when it is ready. Either way, you first need to get Your visa support invitation. I am a foreign national currently staying in the United States. Can I apply for a visa in the USA or do I have to do it in my home country?

You should get a Russian visa in the Russian Consulates on the territory of Your native country. However, if You live in another country and have a residence permit, work permit, Green Card, etc. in this country, You may apply at the Russian Consulate there as well. Before You go to any Russian Consulate You will first need to obtain a visa support invitation. Do I need to register my visa?

All foreign citizens arriving in Russia must register their visas within seven working days upon Your arrival (excluding weekends and official holidays). An unregistered visa can cause problems and delays and may oblige You to pay fines to or be held by the police (milizia). Proof of visa registration is a special form signed and stamped by the Inviting Company or by the hotel:

· the period of validity and date of registration;

· name of registering authority, and stamp of the Migration Service.

Visa registration procedures and requirements can differ in each city and region of Russia. Please see Registration of Visas in Russia . Where can I register my visa?

If You are staying at a hotel, the hotel will register Your visa. You will be asked for Your visa, passport and migration card. A small registration fee can be imposed. Otherwise, please see Russian Visa Registration. If You are staying in apartment, Your Inviting company should register You for sure according to the new law. Do I need to register my visa if I intend to stay in Russia for no longer than 7 days?

Generally the Russian visas cannot be extended. They can only be prolonged in case of:

· Missing Your flight

· Accident

· Serious illness

· Seat unavailability in case of an open-date ticket

Note: You need to provide appropriate documents to prove Your case.

The cost of the exit visa could be from 150 to 300 USD, depending on the circumstances. What if my visa was lost or stolen in Saint-Petersburg?

In that unfortunate case You need a new exit visa. First of all, You must contact a local police precinct and make a request for an official document confirming that Your visa was lost. To make the processing easier we recommend You to state that Your documents were lost, not stolen. Then, You need to get a new passport at the Embassy or Consulate of Your native country. Afterwards the staff from the consulate will help You to get an exit visa. Can I extend my one-year multiple entries Russian visa without leaving Russia?

Category: Personal Finance

Similar articles: