Credit portal




Request Past Tax Returns from the IRS

how can i get past tax returns

If you didn't use FreeTaxUSA to file your return or you are unable to sign in to your account, you can still request your tax return information from the IRS. Follow these instructions to receive a transcript or copy of your tax return.

Order Transcript of Return from the IRS

Cost: Free

Processing Time: Instantly online or 5 to 10 business days by mail

You can request an IRS transcript of your tax return from the IRS website. A transcript includes items from your tax return as it was originally filed. IRS transcripts will meet lending or immigration requirements.

There are three ways to request a transcript:
    Visit the IRS website for instant online access to your transcript Call 1-800-908-9946 Use Form


If you'd like to have a record of any changes made to your original tax return by the IRS or through subsequent amendments you will need to request a Tax Account Transcript. You will need to call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946 to request a Tax Account Transcript .

Copy of Actual Return

Cost:$50 (Payable to the IRS)

Processing Time: Up to 60 Days

To get an exact copy of your tax return with all schedules and attachments (e.g. W-2, 1099, 1098) you will need to complete Form 4506. The cost is $50. The check or money order needs to be written to "United States Treasury" and the mailing address and request instructions are included on the from. Download Form 4506 .

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: