Credit portal




How Can I File My 2012 Taxes Online for Free?

how do i file my taxes

You can still file your 2012 return with RapidTax

Maybe you’re new to preparing your tax return online and you’re looking for a company you can trust to handle your return. Maybe you’re an e-file veteran who’s grown dissatisfied with some of our larger competitors. Either way, RapidTax is the best option for filing your taxes.

Why RapidTax

Preparing your return online might sound intimidating, especially if you’re left to navigate the complex tax code all by yourself. Thankfully at RapidTax you can get free live help from a tax expert via phone, live chat, or email while you prepare your return.

The RapidTax application is guaranteed to take advantage of every possible credit and deduction to get you your maximum refund, often bigger than those found by our competitors. And RapidTax’s services are cheaper than them to boot. Many people find they can file their returns for free!

Here’s what our customers had to say about it:

I am a new customer because TurboTax wanted to charge me $30 for what you just did for free. Thanks, RapidTax!

– Nancy from Vancouver, WA.

Have used for the past five years and will keep using. I have turned my family members over from H&R Block and TurboTax. It’s fast, easy, and most of all more money.

– James from Murrieta, CA.

The tax service was very fast and I got back a lot of cash. Show me another tax service that fast. H&R Block is not that quick. Give me the loop!!

– Stacy from Dallas, TX.

When can I file my 2012 taxes online?

The IRS starts accepting e-filed returns on January 30, 2013. But if you really want to get a jump on your taxes, you can prepare your return on RapidTax for up to a week before e-file opens. We’ll keep your completed return on file and send it to the IRS as soon as their e-file system opens. That way you can be sure to get your refund as fast

as possible.

In order to prepare your return you have to wait until you receive all the necessary documents, especially W-2s and 1099s. Employers are required to have those forms to you by January 31. So you might not be able to file right at the start of e-file.

Also, just as an insider’s tip, both tax preparation companies and the IRS tend to be really busy during the months of January and April. If you try to file during one of these peak times you may experience delays. If you don’t absolutely need your refund as soon as possible, it might make sense to file during the months of February and March.

You’ve missed the deadline…should you be worried?

Things come up and suddenly you’re trying to juggle everything all at once. It’s understandable that certain things get put to the back burner. These things tend to be tasks we’d rather not complete. For most of us, filing taxes falls into that category. Let’s consider a few reasons why you should file your 2012 taxes.

  1. You can still claim your 2012 tax refund until April 15th, 2016. It’s true, you missed the filing deadline but the IRS allows three years from that date for you to claim your refund.
  2. Penalty fees and interest will continue to grow. Unfortunately, if you owe for 2012, there is no three year threshold. The IRS wants their money and aren’t really willing to give a free pass.
  3. The IRS can withhold current year refunds for prior year unpaid tax due.  They may forgive you for not paying on time, but they won’t forget as easily. Don’t be surprised if your tax debt seems to follow you around for years to come if you keep avoiding it.

Filing taxes can seem like a hassle. Let Rapidtax take the weight off your shoulders by helping you every step of the way.

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 25th, 2012 at 1:21 pm and is filed under Tax Tips .

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: