Credit portal




How Do I?

how do i find my federal tax id

How do I sign up for New Employee Orientation?

A "New to the "U" orientation session is offered twice a month by the Division of Human Resources (additional sessions may be offered during peak hiring times). The "New to the "U" sessions are immediately followed by an "Understanding Your Benefits" session. Your department representative can enroll you for either or both of these sessions by going to .

How do I get my Employee Identification number (EID)?

In accordance with A.R.S. 15-1823, All University employees are electronically assigned an Employee Identification (EID) number when hiring documents have been reviewed and processed through the appropriate University service units. The EID will be used as your personal identifier for University business systems and transactions. You will receive written notification of your employee identification number through your home department three or four days after your hiring paperwork is received and processed through the Systems Control Office.

An employee UA NetID is the personal identifier for a number of online services at the University. The UA NetID verifies your identity when you use many of the online services the University of Arizona provides. This ensures the privacy of personal information and restricts the use of resources to those for whom they are intended. The UA NetID also consolidates the disparate authentication mechanisms of various UA on-line services, replacing several unique identifiers with a common one.

Some of the services requiring a NetID include: e-mail and UITS computing accounts; web applications (UAccess, Advisor Link, Form Link, etc.); university-site-licensed software and UITS computer labs.

How do I get an e-mail address?

University Information Technology Services (UITS) provides free computer accounts to UA Students, Faculty or Staff members. A brief description of the different accounts can be viewed on the UITS webpage. For more information or to apply for an account, see or call the help desk at 621-HELP.

How do I enroll for benefits programs and plans?

Verify with your supervisor or hiring authority that you are a benefits-eligible employee as defined by Arizona Department of Administration (i.e. continuous employment for a period designated as six months or longer for twenty hours per week (.50FTE) or greater. A complete list and description of plans and programs available to benefits-eligible employees can be accessed at benefits.

After you review benefits information and are ready to make your benefits elections, choose one of the benefits enrollment options below. Note: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Disability and Flexible Spending plans require enrollment within 30 days of your official hire/start date.

Option 1

Review the information provided in your benefits packet and the on-line Benefits Orientation. Follow the instructions for on-line enrollment. At the time of enrollment, you will need your UA NetID and your password to access the on-line benefits enrollment system.

Option 2

Review the information in your benefits packet and attend an "Understanding Your Benefits" session offered in conjunction with New Employee Orientation. Your department should register you for a session no later than one week from your hire date to ensure that you will meet the thirty (30)-day enrollment deadlines. Bring your Benefits Packet and accompanying worksheet to the session. There will be an opportunity for you to ask questions and to access the on-line benefits enrollment system following the session.

How do I enroll in a retirement plan?

Classified Staff Employees who are or will be scheduled to work at least twenty (20) hours or more per week for a minimum of twenty (20) weeks in a fiscal year, are required by state law to enroll in and contribute to the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).

If you are Classified Staff benefits-eligible employee, complete the online ASRS enrollment within 30 days of your hire date. Click here for enrollment instructions.

Appointed Personnel employees may elect to participate in either the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) or an Optional Retirement Program.

If are an Appointed Personnel, benefits-eligible employee, select your retirement choice no later than 30 days from your hire date. Click here for enrollment instructions.

Temporary, non-benefits-eligible employees who are or will be scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week for a minimum of 20 weeks in a fiscal year, are required by state law to enroll and contribute in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).

How do I find out about paychecks, direct deposit and payroll processing?

Time Reporting: Submit your employee time record according to the procedures established by your employing department. Time records are used to generate your paychecks and should be completed and submitted in a timely and accurate manner.

Paychecks State Issued: Paychecks take two

forms, state warrants and advices of deposit. State warrants are issued by the state and must be cashed by the employees.

Advices of Deposit: If you are participating in the Surepay direct deposit program, you will receive a "pay advice" on scheduled paydays instead of a state issued paycheck. Pay advices are non-negotiable printed forms designed to inform the employee of the net amount of money deposited in the account (s) they have specified.

Direct Deposit: You may arrange for a direct deposit of your net pay by completing an enrollment form available in Financial Services, Payroll Office or entering your data in into the UAccess Employee system .

Paycheck Distribution: Paychecks and pay advices are distributed to the home department every other Friday and represent earnings for the two-week pay period which ended at midnight on the prior Sunday. If the normal payday falls on a University recognized holiday, paychecks are distributed the work day prior to the holiday. The University will not release paychecks prior to scheduled paydays and can not issue pay advances of any type.

Personnel Action Form: A personnel Action Form (PAF) is generated when your payroll and personnel information is entered into the University's Personnel Services Operating System (PSOS). PAF's are also used to initiate changes to your current information and a new PAF is generated when information is changed or revised in PSOS. You should receive updated copies of PAF's from your department's payroll representative.

W-2: The W-2 form represents the taxable income your received during the calendar year and is required to prepare your income tax returns. W-2 forms for a January 1 through December 31 calendar year are distributed to employees by January 31.

You should review and confirm that the information on your paycheck or pay advice is accurate, including the spelling of your name and address, Social Security Number, the amount and type of earnings and pre and post-tax deductions. If you are a benefits-eligible employee, we encourage you to check your paycheck the pay period following benefits enrollment to ensure that the appropriate amounts are being deducted based on your benefits selections. Errors or discrepancies should be reported immediately to your departmental payroll representative.

Paycheck Deductions: Mandatory paycheck deductions are subtracted from your gross pay in accordance with federal and state laws. Federal and state tax deductions are based on information completed by on W-4 and A-4 forms.

Mandatory Deductions:

  • Federal Tax: Based on taxable income
  • Additional Federal Tax: Amount indicated by employee in Box 6 of form W-4
  • FICA: percentage of taxable income (7.65% in 2002)
  • Retirement. Percentage of gross pay that depends on type of retirement plan
  • State Tax: Based on a percentage of federal tax
  • Long-Term Disability: (ASRS Participants): Percentage of gross pay (.49% in 2002)
  • Court ordered deductions (e.g. garnishments or child support payments)

Other Deductions: Optional paycheck deductions (i.e. medical insurance, parking fees etc.), are deducted from your gross pay based the payment conditions of the enrollment or authorization forms you completed. Note: During the months when there are three paydays instead of two, only mandatory deductions are taken from the third paycheck.

How do I get building keys or key access?

A current University of Arizona CatCard I.D. (or other appropriate ID as determined by Facilities Management) is required for all staff/faculty and students requesting University issued keys. Policies and procedures for key issuance can be accessed at .

Key requests and issuances are provided at two locations on campus. Keys for the Main Campus can be picked up at 1301 E. 5th St. For additional information call 621-1612 or write to

Keys for the Arizona Health Sciences Center (AHSC) and parts of the University Medical Center (UMC) can be picked up at 1451 N. Cherry. For additional information call 626-3001 or write to

How do I get the latest campus news?

A cost effective way to inform University employees of new policies, position openings, or upcoming events. Any employee may ask to be placed on the list.

Find campus news online in the Lo Que Pasa section of Or get the news in a weekly Lo Que Pasa electronic newsletter for University faculty and staff. To subscribe, send an e-mail to with the following as the only line in the body of the message:

subscribe LQPONLINE Firstname Lastname

Provides media planning and production services in support of instructional, research, and public service programs.

Assists University departments in getting their news out to members of the University community, as well as local, state, national and international media.

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: