Credit portal




How do i find my tax reference

how do i find my tax reference

What is the difference between Issuer sponsored and Participant sponsored (CHESS)? How do I know what my holding is?

Issuer Sponsored is where shares are held in an uncertificated form, without the requirement for sponsorship by a CHESS participant. Shareholders are not issued share certificates, but instead receive statements detailing their movements and holding balance.

Statements are issued when you first become a holder and are also mailed within 5 business days of the end of any month in which transactions occur. The holding statement also shows your personal Securityholder Reference Number (SRN) identifying the issuer sponsored holding.

CHESS stands for Clearing House Electronic Subregister System. CHESS participants have direct access to the settlement process and can sponsor other securityholders to use CHESS facilities. All stockbrokers are participants, as are most large institutional investors, custodian nominees and trustee companies.

An individual shareholder would generally use a stockbroker as their sponsoring participant. A sponsorship agreement is then signed with the nominated participant, authorising them to deal with the holding subject to certain conditions. Your holding statements would indicate the name of the participating sponsor.

Who is CSR’s share registrar and how do I contact them?

CSR’s share registrar is Computershare.

Contact details for Computershare are:

Level 3 60 Carrington St Sydney NSW 2000

GPO Box 2975, Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia Phone: 1800 676 061 Intl +61 3 9415 4033 Fax: + 61 (0)3 9473 2500 Email: Web site:

Does CSR have a dividend reinvestment plan (DRP)?

Yes. CSR established a new Dividend Reinvestment Plan ("DRP") in July 2011. Details can be found under Investor Centre & News.

How and when are dividends paid?

CSR’s dividends are usually paid in the months of July and December. Exact dates can be checked on the Investor calendar

Dividends are paid by cheque or directly into your bank account. For security and convenience, we recommend that you use direct deposit facilities. Forms are available from Computershare

How do I change my direct credit details?

You may change your direct credit details by mailing a completed Direct Credit form to CSR's share registry. Forms can be download from Computershare

How do I buy or sell CSR shares?

To buy or sell your shares on market, you will need to contact a licensed stockbroker who will arrange the sale for you.

My dividend cheque has been lost or stolen. How do I get a replacement?

Advise the share registry in writing that the cheque has been lost/stolen.

How do I obtain a duplicate copy of my shareholder statement?

You may request a duplicate copy of your statement by mailing a written request to CSR's

share registry. A fee of $33.30 applies to this service. Please include a cheque or money order payable to "Computershare". Or you can create a user ID with Computershare Centre and downloading a duplicate copy free of charge.

What is a Security Reference Number (SRN) and how do I find out what my SRN is?

Issuer Sponsored holders are allocated two unique identification numbers - an SRN and a Holder Number. The SRN provides a higher level of security (similar to a credit card PIN); it is only shown on Issuer statements and must be provided to your broker when buying or selling CSR shares. The unique holder number is quoted on other correspondence and cannot be used to sell your holding in CSR.

You can request your SRN by contacting the share registry by letter or fax. You must provide the following information:

  • Full name(s) and address (old and new if changed) of the registered investor(s)
  • Company/Trust in which the investments are held
  • Number of shares/units held
  • Signatures of the registered security holders:

You may also obtain your SRN in person from the share registry upon production of a drivers licence or current passport.

How do I consolidate more than one holding?

For Issuer Sponsored holdings: If the names and addresses recorded for both holdings are identical and the holdings are registered on the same subregister (ie. both are certificated or both are issuer sponsored), please contact CSR's share registry to consolidate duplicate holdings.

If the names of the holdings are not identical, you will need to contact the share registry to confirm the process necessary for amalgamating them under one holder number.

If the consolidation of your holdings involves a CHESS holding, you need to contact your sponsoring broker to arrange consolidation.

Is my Tax File Number (TFN) quoted? How do I quote my Tax File Number or exemption?

To see if your TFN is quoted, check your shareholder details at Computershare.

You may quote your Tax File Number or exemption by notifying the share registry writing, by mail or fax. TFN Notification forms can be downloaded from Computershare

You may also quote your Tax File Number or exemption over the telephone if you provide sufficient information to identify the holding.

How do I obtain a copy of CSR’s Annual Report?

CSR’s Annual Report is published in June. Shareholders receive a copy via mail (unless they have specified otherwise).

The Annual Report can also be read and downloaded from CSR’s web site.

What if I do not want to receive an Annual Report via mail?

How do I find out more about CSR?

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: