Credit portal




How Do I Get My Property Taxes Lowered?

how do i get my property taxes lowered

Charles Hoskowicz Real Estate Agent San Diego, CA (619) 233-5935 Contact Profile

If you purchased a home in San Diego County during the real estate boom (2004 to 2006), and you noticed that property values in your area have decreased during 2007, then you may want to consider filing an Assessment Appeal with the San Diego County Assessment Appeals Board.

For example, if you purchased a home (or condo) for $500,000 in 2005, property taxes might be around $6,250/year. With the down turn in the market during 2007, property values may have fallen 10%, 15%, 20% or more. That means a property

you paid $500,000 for in 2005, may now only be worth $450,000 to $400,000, or less. Property taxes on the lower value could be $5,625 to $5,000, or less. A savings of $625 to $1,250 per year, or more, depending on the reassessed value.

For more information on Assessment Appeals, visit Assessment Appeals Services online.

IMPORTANT. If you want to take advantage of this opportunity, you need to file your application for the 2007 tax year no later than November 30 .

By Charles Hoskowicz Real Estate Agent with Keller Williams Realty

Posted on October 30, 2007 03:03 PM

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: