Credit portal




How do i get my tax code changed

how do i get my tax code changed


While this isn't a rarity with e-files a very large amount of people who filed with Turbo Tax has experienced problems. As previous answers have stated before, Turbo Tax has accidental posted a series of zeros in for checking account numbers for filers that are paying out of their return. Of course, the result is a delay in payment since you will now have to wait for it to be mailed. You should have received an email from TURBOTAX VP Bob Meigh. Most did but a few was left out of the loop. It makes not difference if you typed the numbers in right if they don't and your copy of the your tax return only indicates what you typed not any errors on the part of TT or the IRS.

Here is what many got in their e-mail:

You recently used TurboTax to file your 2010 tax return. At that time, you elected to pay your TurboTax fees from your federal tax refund and have the rest of your refund directly deposited into your bank account.

The IRS has successfully processed your

return. However, as a result of a TurboTax processing error, the IRS is unable to direct deposit your refund. Instead, you will receive your refund by check in the mail.

The IRS will mail your check approximately one week after the day you were scheduled for direct deposit. Depending on when you filed your return, you may have already received your refund check by mail. If not, you can check the status of your refund at by clicking on the "Where's My Refund?” link.

We apologize for the inconvenience and unanticipated delay. Of course, we are waiving all your TurboTax fees.

We understand that getting your maximum refund back fast is one of the reasons you choose TurboTax. We know we must do better to meet your expectations. Please be assured that we have fixed the error and taken steps to ensure this does not happen again.

If you have any questions, please let us know. You can reach us at 800-624-2088 or via the Contact Us link at

Bob Meighan

VP, TurboTax

san s · 5 years ago

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: