You Can Still File A Late 2013 Tax Return
You can still prepare your 2013 Tax Return online with RapidTax.
The 2014 deadline to file your 2013 taxes was April 15, 2014. If you missed the deadline and still need to file, you’ll want to do so as soon as possible.
What’s the big deal? Well, the longer you wait to file a late 2013 tax return, the more you’ll end up paying the IRS. If you owe tax, the number is gradually increasing by the day.
Avoiding filing and paying your taxes is like digging your own grave- and you’re just making the situation worse. RapidTax is here to help you file your late 2013 taxes .
Why It’s Best to File Your Late 2013 Taxes Now
- Penalties Increase as Time Passes: If you have a tax liability, then you’re failure-to-file penalties and failure-to-pay penalties are increasing as time passes.
- Claim Your Refund Before It’s Too Late: If you’re expecting a refund, the IRS has a three year statute of limitations for claiming tax refunds. Why not claim it now?
- Avoid Filing Issues: If you have tax due on your 2013 tax return and expecting a refund from your current year, 2014 Tax Return, you may not be able to collect your 2014 refund if you’re not caught up on
your 2013 taxes.
If You Haven’t Filed Because You’re Avoiding Paying Tax Due
If you keep pushing off filing your taxes because you can’t pay your tax bill, you should absolutely, at the very least file your taxes now and pay later. Here’s why;
- The Failure-to-file penalties are higher than failure-to-pay penalties. That means, if you don’t file your taxes nor do you pay your tax due, you’ll end up having to face a much larger figure than if you file your taxes and wait to pay your tax due.
- The IRS is willing to work with you. If you can’t pay your taxes or have a legitimate reason why you’re filing late, the IRS will work something out with you. Don’t fear them, just understand if you’re willing to cooperate, chances are they’re willing to cooperate with you.
- Ignoring your taxes doesn’t mean they’ll disappear.
Stop coming up with excuses and file your 2013 taxes today. With RapidTax, you’ll be able to get it done within minutes! Create an account today and we’ll help you complete your late return.
Photo via Jon Glittenberg on Flickr
This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 18th, 2014 at 4:58 pm and is filed under Tax Deadlines. Tax News. Tax Tips .Source: www.rapidtax.com