Credit portal




How long does the state tax return take

how long does the state tax return take


Best Answer: How do I check the status of my New Jersey income tax refund?

Currently there is no online inquiry system for income tax refunds. You can get information on the status of your income tax refund for the current year by calling the Automated Refund Inquiry System from a Touch-tone phone at: 1-800-323-4400 (within NJ, NY, PA, DE, and MD) or 609-826-4400 (anywhere). This service is available 7 days a week (hours may vary). You will need the social security number that was listed first on your return and the amount of the refund requested when making this call.

If you filed your return electronically and requested direct deposit for your refund, the system can tell you the date it was deposited into your bank account.

You can also perform an online search to determine if your refund check was returned to the Division of Taxation by the U.S. Postal Service because of an invalid mailing address. If you discover that your check was returned,

you can submit a claim form online to have it reissued.

If you do not have access to a Touch-tone phone, or if you need information about the status of a prior-year refund, call the Customer Service Center at 609-292-6400 during normal business hours to speak to a Division of Taxation representative.

How do I know if my New Jersey tax return was received?

Electronic Returns: If you used NJ WebFile to file online, you will receive a confirmation number at the end of your filing that serves as proof that your return was successfully filed. Note:Your return is not filed until you receive your NJ WebFile confirmation number. If you filed your return using approved commercial software such as TurboTax, the software company will notify you about the receipt of your return. If you had a tax practitioner file your return electronically, the practitioner should notify you as to whether your return was accepted for filing.

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful 05/23/2011

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: