HGTV Dream Home Taxes - Could Taxes Spell the End of the Dream for Winners?
By Sandra Grauschopf. Contests & Sweepstakes Expert
Sandra Grauschopf is a passionate sweeper with thousands of dollars worth of prize wins to her name. She has been writing and sharing advice about contests & sweepstakes on the web for more than nine years, and she loves nothing more than helping people uncover the fun, excitement, and camaraderie of the sweepstakes hobby.
Media Mentions and Other Appearances:
- Appeared on Better.tv, the online television station of Better Homes and Gardens.
- Interview in the book, The Million-Dollar Idea in Everyone by Michael Collins.
- Interview in the book You Can't Win if You Don't Enter by Carolyn Wilman.
- Featured speaker at the 2008 Hershey Mini Sweepstakes Convention.
- Quoted in The Chicago Tribune 's article, Easy Money but Hard Living .
- Interviewed in Woman's World Magazine 's "Ask America's Ultimate Experts" column published on March 10, 2010.
- Interviewed for MainStreet.com's article, Super Sweepstakes: More Than a Giveaway .
- Interviewed in Woman's World Magazine 's "Ask America's Ultimate Experts" column: "I Want to Win Cash and Prizes!" published on October 31,
- Featured on Fusion TV's segment, "Meet the Sweepers"
- Interviewed for NPR On the Media's podcast, Win a Million Dollar Mansion from Your Home Computer
- Interviewed in a two-part series on ABC 15 in Arizona's "Let Joe Know" Segment: 9 Easy Ways to Avoid Sweepstakes Scams and 3 Secret Tips to Winning Sweepstakes
- Interviewed in Woman's World Magazine 's "Ask America's Ultimate Experts" column: "I Want to Win Sweepstakes and Lotteries!" published on March 23, 2015.
- Former contributing blogger at ContestMob.com .
- Has consulted for major companies, contributing strategies to use sweepstakes to create more revenue.
The 2009 HGTV Dream Home is a beautiful mansion in the wine country of Sonoma, California, a serene location where nearly anyone would want to live. The dream of winning one of these amazing houses has spurred millions of entries into the Dream Home sweepstakes each year, and the number of entrants is only expected to rise again this year. However, the dream also has a drawback – the heavy tax hit on winning such a huge prize.Source: contests.about.com