Sales Tax Calculator for New York
(Basic version- Updated April 15, 2011)
Before using the calculator, please read items 1 through 10 below. For the enhanced version of the New York State sales tax calculator visit enhanced version. which provides a more extensive breakdown of taxable localities.
1. This webpage is designed as an aid for calculating New York State sales tax. Since EarthOdyssey, LLC is a company based in New York, we are required by law to collect and remit sales tax on all items shipped to a New York State address. If the purchase is from outside of New York, the laws of your particular state may require payment of a use tax.
2. You must select the shipping destination, either a county or city, as well as the purchase amount. The sales tax will then be calculated.
3. Sales tax is generally based on the county rate, with a few exceptions. Together with the state rate of 4.00% (a decrease from 4.25% on June 1, 2005), and in some counties a transit rate of 0.375% (an increase from 0.25% on June 1, 2005), the total combined rate can range from 7.00% (several counties) to 8.75% (Oneida County and Erie County).
4. Sales tax is calculated based on the cost of EarthOdyssey ™ pulling tool(s) purchased including shipping and handling charges. Since transfer of title
takes place at the point of delivery, the sales price on which sales tax is calculated includes the cost to deliver the purchased product to the new owner. In effect the sale doesn't take place until delivery.
5. A general purpose sales tax calculator is also provided to calculate sales tax in New York State for any purchase cost, in any taxing jurisdiction.
6. If you don't want to do a calculation, but want to know the complete sales tax rates in a particular city of New York State, click here.
7. Do you only want to know in what county a particular city in New York State is located? If so, click here.
8. How about a list of all the cities in a particular county of New York State? Click here.
9. If you want to view a series of tables displaying the sales tax rates for all counties throughout New York, click right here.
10. You may also visit the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website for more information or navigate directly to the New York State sales tax rate page, the New York State sales tax publications page. Also available are the enactment dates of changes in sales tax rates which provides a history of sales tax rates in all of the counties.Source: www.earthodyssey.com